#9. Stay Away

It all happened so quick. We went from sitting on the couch to saying I do in a span of hours. It didn't settle within me how important everything was until it was official. I was married. I had a wife. My brother was our witness and I was officially Tobin's. She had the biggest grin on her face from the beginning until the end. I was happy as well throughout the whole ceremony and our rendezvous that night, but in the morning, I felt something in the pit of my stomach. It made me feel sick to my stomach. Was I ready for this? Even if I wasn't, it was too late now.

Tobin and I vowed to be with each other for the rest of our lives and the only person who knew was Ali. He was to keep the secret from everyone until Tobin and I were ready. We didn't know when we would announce that we ran off and got married without a huge ceremony but we both knew it wasn't anytime soon. Her parents would be upset that we didn't do something extravagant. Therefore, we would most likely wait to give up the good news once we had some more to accompany it. Tobin's idea was for us to go ahead and have our first child so once I started showing, we could announce the marriage and the baby. It would be overwhelming for most, but also joyous.

I've been wanting a baby since I was a teenager. Motherhood always seemed beautiful to me even when I was a child. Now that I was old enough and feel stable enough, I was excited that the time would soon come. The same night of our marriage, we searched up some sperm banks and made an appointment for the following week. It was happening. It was all happening and I was excited and nervous at the same time. I felt doubtful that Tobin and I were rushing things but everytime I looked into her hopeful and happy eyes, my worry diminished a little more.

"Can't believe it's going to be my first time at a strip club," Tobin said as we walked into the strip club. She had her arm around me securely as she looked around with wonder. Our friends had already arrived and our mission was to find them. As Tobin looked at nearly every girl with her tits out as if she was a new creature, I kept my eyes peeled to find someone I knew. "Wow, I can't believe they just go nude like this. They're so...free."

I laughed at Tobin just as I spotted out our friends. They were surrounded by one of the stages. A honey blonde girl was swinging around the pole majestically as people threw their money at her. Strip clubs were okay to me. I just didn't see the point of throwing my money at other people when I could get a strip tease for free at home. Well, actual, I doubt Tobin would ever strip for me unless I got her completely wasted but still the thought of throwing my money was a turn off.

"You girls made it," Krystal yelled over the music when she saw us. She gave both of us a tight hug. I could tell she had been drinking. Krystal was always over friendly but when she got drunk, she'd nearly hump you to show you affection. One time she offered to kiss my big toe since I was such a good friend. I let her do it and took a picture to show it to her while she was sober. She nearly puked when she saw it.

I greeted everyone until I got to Nyx. She was on her phone, seemingly uninterested at anything at the moment. Tobin was infatuated with the stripper dancing on the pole so I decided to say something to her. "Hey, Nyx," I told her with a smile. She kept looking down at her phone so I guess she didn't hear me. "Hey, buddy," I said as I pushed her shoulder. I laughed and she looked up at me but she didn't crack a smile. "What's wrong with you?"

Without saying anything, she walked away from me and over to the bar. What the f-ck was her problem? I rolled my eyes and turned to Jason who was checking out a stripper who was walking around in nothing but a thong. "Do you know what's wrong with Nyx," I asked with my brows furrowed. I wasn't sure why I was so worried about it.

"No clue. She was fine a couple of minutes ago," Jason told me with a shrug. She didn't take her eyes off the stripper not even once. "Excuse me. I'm going to go get a lap dance." She abruptly walked away and towards the stripper. I sighed and walked over to Tobin who was still staring at the honey blonde who was showing it all.