#8. Right Now

Hanging out with Nyx was always interesting. Her actions and tendencies were far from anyone else's that I have ever met. She was honestly living her life to the fullest and enjoying herself on money that she not so tastefully earned. It seemed like she was honest about the way she lived. There was no shame in her daytime drinking or her outrageous behavior. Nyx was Nyx and I was sure there was no one else like her. That was why I couldn't stay away from her. I yearned to spend time with her and to get to know her and her mind even more. My interest in her brought guilt to my conscience for inexplicable reasons. Maybe it was because not only was I absorbed by her personality but also in her sexual nature. I wasn't sure but something within me felt like being alone with Nyx wasn't right, but of course, I was going ignore that feeling.

Off the subject of Nyx, Tobin was coming home soon and I knew we had to address the situation that happened this morning. No matter how bad I didn't want to bring up the subject, I knew I had to. As a usual weekday night, when I got off from work, I cooked dinner for the both of us. It was a quick and plain meal: spaghetti. I was lucky that Tobin wasn't a complicated woman. She didn't really care if I cooked or ordered take out, but I enjoyed cooking and she enjoyed eating whatever I prepared with no complaints. Right as I got our meal prepared, Tobin came in through the door from work. I was standing over the counter and looking at the television that was playing in the family room.

When the front door opened, I avoided looking towards it. I hated when Tobin was upset especially over something that I really couldn't help. Conflict was also something I wasn't good with. I hated arguing over stupid and silly little things such as what happened this morning. It was exhausting and drained too much energy. In my peripheral, I saw Tobin walk around the counter in the kitchen. Soon, I felt arms wrapped around me from behind. I was surprised at the notion. Was she not mad about this morning anymore? "Hey, sweetie," she greeted softly before kissing my shoulder.

"Hi," I replied just as soft.

"How was your day," she asked casually.

"Good. Are you feeling better?" I asked the question as if she left for work with a slight fever rather than a frenzy.

"Yeah, about that, I'm sorry. I overreacted. It was just too early in the morning and Nyx is an asshole. I don't like her. She thinks she's a big shot because her parents are rich. But that's not the point. I shouldn't have went off on you. It wasn't your fault and you were just trying to help. You were right. You were just trying to be a good fiancée. I'm lucky to have you, Marina." I turned to face Tobin and she looked at me with deep and sincere eyes. She took my hands in hers. "Tell me that you're okay."

"I'm fine. It's not a big deal, baby. We all have our moments," I told her with a forgiving smile. "You're not perfect and neither am I. Everything's fine with us."

"Good." Tobin took a deep breath as if she was glad that everything was okay. She bit her lip and tucked my hair behind my ear. "I've been replaying the whole thing all day and feeling even more like a piece of sh-t every time. You mean everything to me. You're my fiancée, the love of my life and I'll never disrespect you like that again. I love you, Marina."

I playfully rolled my eyes at her before kissing her. "I love you too. Are you hungry, honey?"

"Depends on what," she joked as she gave me a playful grin.

"Shut up and go sit at the table, cutie," I told her as I pushed her shoulders. She laughed at me and walked over to the table. I smiled knowing that she was over everything. A happy Tobin always made me happy.

The next morning, Tobin and I arrived at the café and we were the last ones to be present as usual. Tobin pulled out my chair for me and I thanked her softly before sitting down. She sat down beside me and put her arm around me. It seemed like the table was quieter than usual. Maybe people thought Tobin was still upset or that Tobin and I were in a bad way. I reassured everyone that everything was okay by leaning over and giving Tobin a passionate kiss. She was a bit surprised but kissed me back before biting her lip. I turned to my friends and gave everyone a smile. "Hello, everyone."