Chapter 14-Oi Pea-brain!

CHAPTER 14-Oi pea-brain!

****** Arabella's POV *****

As I head down the passage that leads to the girls bathrooms, I am met with a swarm of students on their way to their next lesson. I move towards the wall so I don't get caught in the crowd. Up ahead of me I can make out my class heading towards the greenhouses for Herbology with Ms Sprout.

When I reach the entrance of the girl's bathroom, I start to hear a quiet sobbing and hiccupping coming from the bathroom. I gently press open the door, hoping not to disturb who I think is Hermione. When I look in the room, it is completely empty except from a closed stall, furthest away from the door.

"Hermione?" I ask hesitantly. I quietly tip toe over to the stall.

I hear the person in the stall, let out a sneeze. Followed by the sneeze, she sniffles, "Yeah, it's me Ari. I'm sorry I didn't wait up for you."

"You don't have to apologize Hermione, I overheard what Ron said to Harry."

"I just couldn't take it anymore. The names he calls me; know-it-it, a nightmare, all those sort of things." She says. A second later I hear a click followed by Hermione opening the door to her stall. I glance quickly towards her face to see that her cheeks are damp from tears, her eyes are red and somehow her hair is even bushier than normal. Her robes are all crumbled up from sitting there.

"He's just a prat, he gets that from Percy. Percy was the reason I was late to Charms this morning. He said some pretty mean stuff to me."

"That doesn't sound like Percy." Hermione says.

"Well Percy is different around the twins and me, don't get me wrong I love Perce, he's my brother but at times he gets on my nerves. I just want to let you know that I'm angry at Ron for his comments about you especially the one about you not having any friends."

"Thank you for that Arabella. Oh Merlin, I can't believe that we are missing Herbology. I'm sorry, for making you miss out on the class."

"Hermione, I would rather be here than worrying about how you're doing. It was my choice to check on you."

"I just want to let you know Arabella that you're really the only true friend I've ever really had."

***** A FEW HOURS LATER*******

During the time that Hermione and I were talking in the bathrooms, the only people that came in were Parvarti and Lavender. That practically left as soon as they walked in because they thought we were both crying.

At the moment we are sitting against the wall near the sinks. I honestly wish I remembered to put my watch on earlier because we have no idea what time is and neither of us can be bothered to go check.

All of a sudden a foul smell reached my nose, a mixture of old socks and those gross public toilets that no one cleans.

"Can you smell that?" Hermione asks with a look of disgust on her face. I nod my head.

Out of nowhere the stench got stronger and there was a sound of a door closing then locking. I look up towards the door to see a twelve feet tall troll, with dull grey skin, it has a small head upon his lumpy body. The troll is holding a huge wooden club. I look over a Hermione and she meets my eyes and we both let out a loud scream.

The troll looks over at us and start to approach us, swinging its club towards us. He turns around when he hears someone at the door unlocking it. The sinks broke as the troll was trying to aim for us.