Chapter 10 - Flying lessons with Slytherin

A/N: SO I'M BACK ONCE AGAIN, I HAVE CHOSEN TO COMPLETE THIS OR TRY TOO.

Chapter ten - Flying lessons with Slytherin

*****Arabella's POV****

When Hermione and I came down from our dorm, the first year were crowded around the notice board in the common room. On the board there was a notice about how we have to do our flying lessons with Slytherin. We all groaned at this new piece of information.

"Typical," said Harry. "Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of myself on a broomstick in front of Malfoy."

"You won't make a fool of yourself, Harry." I assure him.

"Arabella is right, you don't know that you'll make a fool of yourself," said Ron reasonably.

"Anyway, I know Malfoy's always going on about how good he is at Quidditch, but I bet that's all talk."

Malfoy did talk about how good he was, but he wasn't the only one. Seams Finnigan and even Ron were telling anyone who would listen about all their adventures that never happened.

A barn owl brought Neville a small package from his grandmother. He opened it excitedly and inside was a remembrall

"It's a Remembrall!" he explained to everyone. "Gran knows I forget things - this tells you if there's something you've forgotten to do. Look, you hold it tight like this and if it turns red - oh...you've forgotten something..."

Neville sat there bewildered, trying to remember what he'd forgotten when the Slytherin with pale blonde hair, who was passing the Gryffindor table, snatched the Remembrall out of his hand.

Harry and Ron both jumped to their feet.

"What's going on?" McGonagall asked

"Malfoy's got my Remembrall, Professor." Neville explained

Malfoy scowled as he quickly dropped the Remembrall back on the table.
"Just looking," he tried to cover up, and he sloped away with two fat boys behind him

At three-thirty that afternoon, Arabella, Hermione, and the other Gryffindors made their way down the front steps onto the grounds for their first flying lesson. It was warm outside, the sun was out, not a cloud in sight and a slight breeze.

Once the Gryffindors reached the Quidditch pitch, the Slytherins were already there, and they were roughly twenty or so brooms laid out in neat lines. Fred and George had told her in various occasions that the school brooms would that vibrate if you flew too high, or always flew slightly to the left.

Waiting with the Slytherins, was their teacher Madam Hooch, she had short, Gray hair and yellows eyes similar to a hawks.

"Well, what are you all waiting for?" she asked them. "Everyone stand by a broomstick. Come on, hurry up.

I glance down at his broom. It was old and some of the twigs stuck out at odd angles. "Stick out your right hand over your broom," Madam Hooch instructed, "and say 'Up!'"

"UP" I shouted along with everyone else.

My broom jumped up easily, so did Harry's and a few others. Hermione's just rolled over and Neville stayed still.

Madam Hooch showed us all how to mount their brooms even though I know how to fly it was still interesting. It was so satisfactory to hear Madam Hooch tell Malfoy that he had been doing it wrong for years.

"Once I blow my whistle, you need to kick off from the ground hard," she explained. "One my whistle three - two -"

Neville was too nervous that he accidentally pushed off too hard and he just flew up so fast. He kept going up for at least twenty feet until he slipped of his broom. As he hit the ground, I look away and winch as his body hits the grass and I can hear a crack.

Madam Hooch walks over to him and says," Broken wrist." She helps him up and then turns to us. "None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you can say 'Quidditch.' Come on, dear."

Neville clutching his wrist hobbles off with Madam Hooch. As soon as they were out of earshot, Malfoy erupted in laughter. "Did you see his face, the great lump?" All the other Slytherins joined in.

"Shut up, Malfoy you little git." I snap.

"Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom?" said Pansy Parkinson, a pug-faced Slytherin girl. "Never thought you'd like fat little crybabies, Annabelle."

"It's Arabella." I say through gritted teeth.

Malfoy goes over to a patch of grass and bends over and picks Neville's remembrall. "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him."

"Give it here Malfoy." Harry says quietly.

"I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find - how about - up a tree?"

"Give it here!" Harry yelled, but Malfoy had leapt onto his broomstick and taken off. He hadn't been lying, he could fly well. Hovering level with the topmost branches of an oak he called, "Come and get it, Potter!"

Harry grabbed his broom from the ground.

"No!" shouted Hermione. "Madam Hooch told us not to move - you'll get us all into trouble." He just ignored her.

He turned his broomstick sharply to face Malfoy in midair who looked quite stunned.

"Give it here," Harry threatened, "or I'll knock you off that broom!"

"Oh, yeah?" said Malfoy, trying to sneer, but failing.

"No Crabbe and Goyle up here to save your neck, Malfoy," Harry called.

"Catch it if you can, then!" he shouted, and he threw the glass ball high into the air and streaked back toward the ground.

Harry quickly flew after the clear ball he reached out and grabbed it a foot away from the ground. All the Gryffindors including myself started cheering for Harry.

"HARRY POTTER" McGonagall called whilst running towards them. "Never- in all my time at Hogwarts." She was almost speechless with shock.

"It wasn't his fault, Professor-"

"Be quiet, Miss Patil -"

"But Malfoy -"

"That's enough, Mr. Weasley. Potter, follow me, now."
I look up to see Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle's triumphant faces as Harry walked away with Mcgonagall.

--------------------------------
A/N: OK I AM VERY SORRY THAT I HAVENT UPDATED RECENTLY BUT I AM GOING TO TRY TO UPDATE A LOT MORE. I TRIED TO WRITE YOU GUYS A LONGISH CHAPTER BUT THIS IS THE BEST I COULD DO. THANKS FOR 3.62K READS.

Amber
x