Chapter 8: Dealing with a ghost

Start from the beginning

"Great." I muttered.

Then Dipper face me, "Now tell me how you know about ghosts." He took a step closer, "Did you...Oh I don't know...read about it?" 

I swallowed hard. Does he know about the journals? Do I trust him about this? No. I can't trust him. He is a dirty Gleeful. The only way he is keeping me alive because he doesn't want me to end up dead and create more of a problem at the party.

"Ah....well..." I stuttered.

Then suddenly I notice this cloth over another painting was moving, Hands stretch out to Dipper.

My eyes widen, "Dipper! Look out!"

Dipper turns around and notices the covering. Dipper then grabs my hand from behind and pushed me out of the way. The covering went down and revealed the ghost. Out of anger he grabs Dipper and threw him to a wall. Dipper hit the wall and lands on a tea cart and everything fell to the ground.

"You bloody Northwest! Think you can run away like this! You bloody coward! This is all your fault! All your fault! It's your fault at what happened to me!" The lumber jack shouted.

I then notice that there was a silver mirror that was on the ground. It must have been on that tray that Dipper knocked down.

The Lumber man raise his axe and was going after Dipper, who was crawling back to get away from him.

I ran towards the mirror and wrap my hand tightly around it.

The lumberman raise the axe to end Dipper, "Say goodbye Northwest!"

I then got in between the two with the silver mirror aiming at the ghost. Then there was a flash and a great force. I couldn't see because of the light but I could feel myself being thrown and the sound of glass breaking. I was then rolling down a hill of grass then landed on something. That something grunted as I landed on top of it. I groaned as well as my head hurt from the rough landing.

I then regain my senses and I realized I was on someone and the only someone who it could be was Dipper.

I raised up and I was right up to his face and he was right into mine. We looked at each other and it seemed that time just froze for that moment. At this point, being up close with him, I really didn't notice how handsome he was. When I was up on the stage I was too nervous and upset to notice that.

His blue eyes did glowed but not the type of glowing when he was making things move. They seemed to glow on their own. Then his hair was bush up, since he was on his back, and I could see that he had the Big Dipper on his forehead. To be honest...it was kind of cute.

"Are you alright?" He asked me, breaking my train of thought.

"Oh...um...yes."

"Then can you get off of me?"

Blush rose on my cheek, "Oh! Y-yes! o-Of course!" I then quickly got off of Dipper and stood up. I still had the mirror firmly in my grip thankfully. Dipper also got to his feet and brushed the dirt off of himself, "Did you get him?"

"Who?" I questioned.

Dipper raised his eye brow, "Seriously?"

I felt my cheeks grew even warmer, "Oh! Yeah! The lumber guy." I then pulled up the mirror and there he was, banging on the mirror crying out to be release. 

"He's in there."

"Good, now I want you to explain to me-"

"We need to get rid of him." I interrupted. I knew he was going to ask about the journal and I didn't want to answer it.