“That’s not where you belong, you know. You’re a great baker, a great chef overall really. You deserve more than working for someone else.”

                “Maybe, but it’s a lot of money to open up a place like that.”

                “Just consider it. Don’t think about it like it can never happen, okay? I think you’d really like having a place like that of your own. Your mom would like it too. And your adoptive parents.”

                “It’s not going to happen; it’s expensive to open a business. I’d need to get people to work for me, I’d need a place where people would actually go, which is really expensive, I’d need to buy furniture, and then I’d need to get equipment and ingredients, and then I’d have to hope people actually come.”

                “I would come.”

                I chuckled quietly. “I’d need more than one customer.”

                “Think about it?”

                It couldn’t hurt, right? “I’ll think about it.”

                “Good. I love you Devon, and I want you to be as happy as you can be.”

                “I love you too Sara.” I smiled and kissed her neck once more.

                “Do you have anything to do today?”

                “Not as of right now. Do you want to do something?” I asked. It was around four now, so it wasn’t late yet.

                “Maybe.” She turned to look at me, her lips turned up into a smile.

                “Where?”

                “It’s a secret.” She said.

                I frowned. “Tell me?”

                “Nope, it’s a secret. Just say yes. Come with me?”

                “I want to know.” I pouted slightly.

                “Let me take you out this time. Just say you’ll come with me. I promise we’ll have fun. Please?” She was running her hand through my short hair. Her green eyes were shining with excitement, which meant I didn’t stand a chance in saying no.

                “Of course I’ll go with you. Whatever you want.”

                She smiled and kissed me passionately and moved away all too quickly, “Come on. We can take my car this time.”

                Sara’s car was small, which was why we hadn’t taken it camping. And I usually took Jan’s car to see her because it didn’t seem right to show up and make her take her own car on our dates.

                I got into the passenger seat, which was a little strange for me, and watched her get behind the wheel. “A hint?” I asked.

                “Nope.” She had this smirk on her lips.

                “Please?” I begged.

                “Don’t like surprises?”

                “I love surprises, I just hate waiting for them, so you should tell me.”