Chapter 8- I Know

"(y/n), I need you to come with me," a gruff voice calls out. You look to see Vincent beside you while you were sitting on one of the stools in the bar. He looked serious. 

"Okay," is all you say. Vincent was even more intimidating when he was serious. You look at Tifa and Marlene who are both giving you smug smiles. You roll your eyes and head out. You look at the sky. It's night. The sky is black although a few stars can be seen. You knew that if you were in a field away from society, the black sky would look like it had a sea of diamonds in it. Your thoughts were broken when Vincent suddenly wraps his arms around your waist. You immediately blush from the gesture.

"Hold on," he says a little too close to your ear and before you know it, your zipping past the lights and trees. The wind from the speed feels like it's sucking the air from your lungs. Before you could say to Vincent that you can't breathe, he stops and sets you down. You squat down and take a few deep breaths. You look around. Your in the Forgotten City. You feel your heart starting to beat against your ribcage. You couldn't bear coming here after your last encounter with Vincent. 

"Um, Vincent?" you ask.

"Hm?" 

"Why did you bring us... here?" 

"I thought you would want a break from all of what's happening right now. And since this is one of my personal favourites, I thought you would like it too." What he said made you confused. You told him the other day that you liked this place too. Did he forget? No. He wouldn't. Vincent Valentine is not a man that would forget anything for any reason. Was he trying to be nice since you told him you were afraid of him?

"..O..Okay.." you whisper. You walk past him and sit by the tiny pond nearby. You sit silently and look at your reflection for awhile. After a few minutes, you hear shuffling next to you and you turn to see that Vincent is now sitting next to you. Your heart goes crazy again, it feels like you could barely breathe. He's so close you can feel the heat from his body already. 

"How are you taking things?" he says suddenly, which makes you flinch lightly.

"I don't know how to take this," you admit. 

"I see. I'll let you know that I know how it feels to be different from other people." You look at him. His eyes catch yours and looks into them intently, like he's trying to see into your soul. You gulp silently. "I used to be a normal human once," he continues, "but then I was..... turned into something else..." You continue to look at him, confused, his eyes then leave yours.

"I get the feeling that your protecting me because... you know what I'm going through," you say in curiosity.

"Yeah." His eyes look back at you again and you stare at each other before you break it from turning away. You look up. The tree that he trapped you on was just across from you. It still confused you. Why was he acting like he didn't know what he did last time. You look at the tree until you see a figure coming out from behind of it. Your breath hitched. The figure looked like Vincent. You look at your left side. Vincent is still sitting beside you, looking at you. You look back at the tree. Vincent. You look back at your side. Vincent. Then at the tree again. Vincent

"What is it?" you hear the Vincent from your side say. You point at the man near the tree. Even though the lower part of his face is almost completely covered by the blood-red cloak, you could see the tips of his lips curl into a sly smile. You hear Vincent get up, then you do too. He shoots his gun at his clone. It vanishes before the bullet hits the tree.  "That looked like... me.."

"Vincent, where you here a week ago from today?" you ask him.

"Was I what?" he looks at you with a slightly baffled look on his usually indifferent face.

"Where you here, in the Forgotten City, seven days ago?" your tone getting serious.

"No. I was in Wutai for the last two months.... why?" 

At that point, you realize; you get it. The Vincent you were with right now, wasn't the one you saw in the city. But..... then.....who was the guy who was....?