Vincent Valentine x Reader-Prologue

You walk around the Forgotten City, alone, after a long day in the city. The city always had a nice silence and calmness to it that really appealed to you. After a day of noise in the city, you liked to clear your head.

You sit down and stare at the sky filled with stars and purplish blue light.  You loved the night, even more that the day. The day only had a shining light, but night had colours that melted in the sky. You were so caught up in stargazing that you didn't hear footsteps that made the leaves crunch.

"Why are you here," a dark, deep, and low voice said beside you. You jumped a few centimeters off the ground as you hear the voice. You turn to meet glowing red eyes and flashes of red and black clothing.

"Oh.... Hi, Vincent," you say nervously.

"What are you doing here," he asks again. His eyes and voice make your whole body shake in fear. You don't know why, but Vincent Valentine had always had your heart,  AND your fear. You admit, you had fell in love with Vincent over the past few years, but something about him scared you. You knew he was kind and would never hurt you, but you just couldn't get past the tall stature, the glowing eyes of demonic colour, the low, strong voice, and the secrets that loomed behind those eyes. 

"I, I, I was just stargazing," you say in a quivered voice, tensing up and looking away from his eyes.

"I see," he said and was followed by a few seconds of silence. "The Forgotten City can be dangerous at night, if your not careful."

"Hahaha, well, you know I can take care of myself, I always have my (weapon of choice)."

He gave a silent, slightly amused "hmph" before looking at the sky also. You were shaking, sweating, and breathing heavily from both fear and nervousness. You hated being so close to him. To be honest, this was the closest you've ever been to him. You've been alone before, but not miles from the nearest human. You were scared. You knew he wouldn't do anything to you,  but those eyes had a hold on your soul.

"You look troubled."

You turn around "Hm?"

"Something's bothering you. You look un at ease," he says as he takes a few steps closer. You instinctively step back.

"Are you afraid of me," he says leaning towards your face. You feel your face getting hot.

"Why would you say that," you say in defence. 

"Every time I'm near you, you act differently to me than to everyone else. You have trouble talking and you look uncomfortable. What is it about me that makes you act this way?"

You couldn't talk for the longest time. You had your eyes locked with his, causing you to tremble again. 

"It's just........." you start "I know this is dumb, but your eyes scare me," you confess, turning away from his stare. Silence overtakes everything.

"I see," he says finally. He takes one big step closer to you as you back up into a tree, your shoulders tensing up as far as they could go. Vincent takes his metal hand and holds your cheeks with two fingers to lift your head up, making you look in the blood-red eyes.

"Well, I find yours very interesting," he says. "I can see myself like a mirror in them."

Then, he brings his clawed hand and, very slowly, brings the metalic fingers down your face, then to your neck, even more slowly, and brushes down your upper chest and stops as he reaches you lower chest. You curse yourself for wearing a very low-cut v-neck, so he has access to about 85% of your chest in sight and touch. He leans closer.

"But, something tells me my eyes aren't the only reason," he whispers as he trails up your neck again and down, up and down, slowly, more slowly, even more slowly. the cool steel of his glove is making you weak and shiver even more. As he's doing this sensual gesture, you look straight into his eyes and get lost in them, then suddenly, you hear gunshots in the distance. Vincent takes one more stroke down your chest and steps back. Without a sound, he turns into a red mist and flies past you. 

You stand there a few moments. You slowly sit down on the cool grass.

Does he like me too?