Chapter 7- Friends to Family

You wake up the next morning to see the sunshine beaming out of the window. You turn your head to see Marlene still cuddled next to you, breathing silently. You smile again and get up as slowly as possible so you don't wake her up. You pull the blankets over her and kiss her forehead gently. You go down the stairs and see Tifa cleaning the counter, once your close enough, she turns to you and gives a weak smile. 

"Hey. How're you doing?" she says. You just shrug your shoulders upward slightly. "Are you hungry?" she asks. You think for a minute before responding.

"Sure." You sit on one of the stools on the bar. Tifa doesn't say anything the whole time she's cooking. She knows that you don't want to talk let alone can talk about what you all found out. You look at the clock and see that it's only 6 am.

"Marlene sure knows how to be a good friend," you hear Tifa say out of the blue. You turn to her and smile.

"Yeah, she sure is precious," you reply. Tifa hands you a bowl of soup, two pieces of toast, and a glass of water. She then leans down on the counter and sighs. You eat in silence before a thought comes to your mind.

"Where'd Cloud go?" you ask. Tifa looks up at you again and smiles.

"Who knows. He's probably making a delivery or whatnot, or he's visiting Aerith's church but, then again, he took Denzel with him, so I don't know." You nod. You then hear light footsteps coming down the stairs and both of you turn your head to see Marlene with the blanket wrapped around her like a cocoon with one hand rubbing her eye and letting out a cute little yawn. You and Tifa giggle.

"Morning sleepyhead," Tifa says.

"Morning guys," Marlene replies and goes behind the counter. "Can I have breakfast, Tifa?"

"You sure can sweetie," Tifa says as she pats Marlene's back and goes to the back of the bar. Marlene then turns to you.

"Did you have a good sleep," she asks. You smile at her.

"I sure did thanks to you," you reply. 

"Well, that's what friends do!" You laugh at her cuteness. "But now that your living here you're family, but then again you always were," she goes on. Just then, Tifa comes back with a bowl of cereal and a juice box and sets it on the counter.

"Here you go Marlene," she says. She then turns to you, "So, how are things with you and Vincent working out?" She teases. Your eyes widen and so does Marlene's. She then turns to you.

"You and Vincent are a couple?" Marlene squeals. You feel heat radiate off your face and you lower your head down in shame.

"Wow, thanks a lot Tifa," you scold.