Chapter 5- Alien

You took Vincent's advice and locked yourself in your apartment. Jax texted you to see if you were okay, and of course, you didn't reply.  It feels bad about doing this to him, but if what Vincent says is true, then you have to listen. His words from last night keep echoing in your head. What does Shinra want from me... more importantly, what do I have that's important to them? I guess I should just wait for tonight when Vincent gets the file he promised to show me....What exactly is going on...?

*********

You look up at the full moon that's just above the ruins of Shinra's tower. The green and white lights illuminate the city below. If there's one thing you liked about living in this apartment, it would be the view of the city. Your thoughts are interrupted when a gold claw taps on the window at the corner of your eye. You unlatch the window and open it. Vincent's red cloak then swings in. You close the window and lock it again. As soon as you turn around, the gold hand is in front of your face with a light brown, semi-thick file in it. You look up at Vincent, who nods knowingly.

"Did you get hurt," you say to him as you grab the folder from him.

"No, I'm fine. I was caught again, but I was lucky enough to grab the file and escape."

"That's good..... Thank you for doing this," you say to him shyly, but honestly.

"Your thanks isn't needed," he says, "at least not yet. We should start investigating the file, I wasn't able to get a look at it since those guards were on my back." You go to the kitchen table and open the folder. As you look through the papers, there's just more and more. A copy of your birth certificate, your school photos from every year, a copy of your resume, and more random pictures of you. You look up at Vincent who's standing up, arms crossed, slight worry on his face, although he looks more indifferent than anything. You keep flipping through the papers... until you find another folder of your medical records. When you look at the first piece of paper, it seems like the whole earth just stop moving....... It's a picture of "Specimen" DNA... compared to a "Human" DNA. The 'specimen' one looks nothing like the humans'. Instead of being a twisted, blue ladder shape, it's a red, pink, and indigo Z. 

You flick through more to find your blood tests and X-rays that you weren't aloud to see. As you look through the notes, you keep seeing the words "non-human", "unknown", "unidentified" over and over again. Then one word in particular got your full attention. You felt as though your heart stopped beating.

"What is it?" Vincent asks after a few minutes. It takes even more time for you to look up at him and answer with complete confusion, shock, and the feeling of betrayal.

"I'm an alien.........?"