6- Fine...Just fine

Indigo's POV

"Woah? Who did you meet at that sleepover, Tyra Banks?" Macy said in shock. Instead of my usual baggy shirts and sweat pants I was wearing my knee high suede boots and a peasant top with black jeans.

"Just met the luxuries of shopping at a good store for the first time," I said happily. The girls, including Opal and Macy stared at me while I walked down the hall to my next class. I walked into Math and sat down in my usual spot, next to Chase.

"Chase?" I asked, peering at him. He stared straight ahead, looking at the board. I gave up and took out my supplies.

"Hey babe, what's up?" A guy said walking up to me. "What?!" I said, in shock.
He leaned in closer to me and grabbed my hand. "Wanna skip school?" He asked. I sat back in my chair even further, scared.

"Come on, we are gonna have fun," he smirked. My eyes grew wide and I grew tense under my chair.

Suddenly a fist flew out of no where and hit him, straight in the nose. I looked up and saw Jasmine standing furious with a bloody hand. She wiped it on the guys shirt.

"B*tch!" The guy yelled, standing up. I smirked and shot a thank you in her direction. She mouthed 'No problem'. The teacher walked in a few seconds afterwards.

"Mrs. Waters, Sebastian just fell on a table and might have broken his nose. Can Someone take him to the nurse?" Jasmine said.

"Sure! Um.. Mason you take him," Mrs Waters said. We all watched in awe as he left without anyone being questioned.

"Ok, today we are going to have partnered projects. Here are the groups. Chase and Jared, Luke and Lucy, Jasmine and Indigo..." The teacher said. Luckily I wasn't with Chase, and was with Jasmine. I walked over to her and smiled.

"Thank you so much," I said smiling. She laughed, "No problem!"

"Oh no it's one of these group projects where you have to learn about people's life's. Well this should be... Fun!" Jasmine said sarcastically.

"My life isn't the most interesting," I admitted. "Yours defiantly is though Jasmine."

"Well, the first question is, What do you aspire to be?" She asked. I shook my head,

"I have no clue, to be honest. I want to be the best at what I do. I want to be strong and happy," I said. She then wrote that down.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I want to help people. You see, I used to know this guy, but he changed. People started to hate him, and for no reason they bullied him. I never went along with it, and now we aren't close anymore. It's pretty sad," she said. I nodded. She smiled and wrote that down.

"Hey wanna bring your friends and sit with me at lunch? We have a couple empty seats," Jasmine said.

"Oh sure!" I said in reply. Our table was pretty much empty, unless you count the piles of trash we left behind.

"Great, I'll see you there," She said.
--------------

I walked out into the hallway, getting my stuff for lunch. Suddenly Angel walked by, scowling at my lunch choice, a burrito and chips.

"If you wanna win the competition, you better step it up Indie," Angelica said. I suddenly felt insecure, looking at her perfect waist and tiny figure. I put my burrito back and grabbed out my emergency salad.

"Much better hunny," Angel said, and patted me on the back before walking into the cafeteria. I followed and walked out to my friends table.

"Hey guys, wanna join tables with Jasmine and her friends?" I asked Opal and Macy.

"Sure," they said in unison, and followed me there. I sat down beside Luke, and Opal and Macy sat next to me. Jasmine sat next to Jared.

"Guys this is Indigo and her friends, Opal and Macy," Jasmine said. They said there hellos, and we started talking.

"How's working with Chase for the project Jared?" I asked. He groaned and shook his head. "God awful. He wouldn't even talk to me, and he only wrote down the answers," he said.

"Where is Chase by the way?" Macy asked. Jasmine snorted. "Probably making out with Lucy."

"He's right there," Opal said, pointing to a lone table across from ours, with one person sitting there, Chase.

"Invite him to sit here!" Jasmine said. We all stared at her like she was crazy.

"Chase! Come sit with us!" Jasmine yelled. We all internally sighed and suprisingly we watched as he walked over to us.

"Hey Chase," She whispered. I noticed Lucy and her table gawking that he sat next to us. He nodded and sat down, eating.

I picked at the salad I got, and listened to the conversation.

"So how was the sleepover Indie?" Macy asked me. Everyone leaned in curiously.

"Great actually. Angel is really nice," I said. Suddenly I heard a noise as Chase stood up, pushed his chair down, and walked off. I noticed Jasmine's concern, and she walked the way he went.

"Am I the only one clueless to what just happened?" Luke said. I shrugged and followed Jasmine. Jasmine went around a corner and I peeked around and saw Chase sitting on the ground.

"I'm sorry she brought it up..." Jasmine began. He turned to her and barked out a cruel laugh. "I'm not going to sit with you if they talk about, that," he shouted. Jasmine flinched and walked backwards.

"You did all you could to save her," Jasmine said. Chase sighed. "Maybe I did, but I can't change that she is going to hurt others," he said, turning and looking at me with anger. I squealed and ran back to our table, noticing confused glares.

"You ok? Luke asked. I nodded. "Fine, just.. fine.." I whispered.

--------

Thanks for the reads guys! Every vote and read counts!

Why do you think Chase is so worked up about The sleepover?

-Thelovelysongs