4-Is Chase an Axe murderer?

Indigo's POV

At first everything is frozen. I don't know what to do. I've never seen Chase like this.
It's funny, how someone could put up a mask of power, but inside they feel like they are being clawed out by demons.

I never really realized how damaged he was. Sure, he was silent, but I never knew he was hurting in this way. What hurt me the most is that this pain had been caused by a memory, of a girl named 'Diana?'

I sat down beside him, leaning on the broken statue, hearing his sorrow through his tears. He cried in front of me, and if he noticed, it seemed like was in too much pain to care.

He finally looked up and stared at the sky, like it held all the answers to the world. After a couple minutes, he stood up, and walked toward the entrance of the school.

"Wait! Where are you going?" I yelled. He stopped, and replied.

"Where you aren't."

I stopped and stared at him, "You talked."

"I plan not to again to you."

"Come on!" I yelled, running up to him. "Let me drive you home."

He turned around and looked at me, "I'm fine on my own."

"Clearly, by the way you just punched and destroyed Puff the magic Dragon," I said scoffing. He turned to me, anger written all over his face.

"Look, I don't need a prissy little spoiled b*tch telling me who the hell I am," he hissed.
I felt my face turn beet red, and I walked away sighing. "The ride is still up for offer," I said, jingling my keys.

Chase grabbed them and walked over to my car, opening the car door like a wizard, and got in.

"Hey why are you driving?!" I yelled, running into shotgun. He turned on the ignition and pulled the car out of the school driveway to his house. I sat back and just watched the scenery pass by.

"What kind of music do you have?" Chase asked. I turned on one of my Halsey C-Ds and Drive played.

"All we do is drive, all we do is think about the feelings that we hide, all we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign, sick and full of pride, all we do is Drive," I sang. He looked at me oddly and turned the music off.

"That music is Sh*t," he said growling. I glared at him. How dare he insult Halsey!

"Well fine, you can turn in your emo music that you listen to or whatever," I told him, annoyed. He put on a song and kept driving.

"So..." I began. "Who's Diana?" I asked. Chase's knuckles turned white and he skid over to the side of the road. He looked me in the eye sternly.

"Never say her name. Again," he muttered. I lifted an eyebrow.

"Girlfriend?" I asked. He shook his head, and took us back on the rode.

"Sister," he whispered. I pretended like I didn't hear him and watched as he drove to a large house. He drove in, and parked.

"I live here for now. Never come here again. Don't talk to me," he said. He got out of the car and went to Into his house.

"Wait! You forgot your bag!" I yelled. I grabbed his bag and walked in the door.

I saw pictures on the wall of a family, with a young Chase and a girl with dark brown hair. As I peered at the pictures I heard footsteps coming towards me. As I looked up I saw a woman with black hair and icy blue eyes.

"Hello! Can I help you?" The woman said. I turned to her.

"Chase left his bag in my car," I said, handing her it. "Why was Chase with you?" She asked.

"Well he was alone in the school parking lot with no car and I felt like being nice. For once," I told her. The woman sighed, staring at the picture on the wall.

"Chase used to be such a happy kid. He was never like this before. He never had this, anger.." The woman sighed. I raised an eyebrow.

"Are you his mom?" I asked. She nodded.

"Chase was beating the Sh*t out of a statue at school and it broke. Timber!" I exclaimed.

"Again?" She asked, rubbing her forehead. "That boy has too much emotions in him."

I heard footsteps coming towards me. It was Chase, glaring.

"Why is she here? I asked you to never talk to me again," Chase growled.

"You left your bag so I decided to be a good person and bring it in," I hissed. He barked out a cruel laugh and grabbed it, looking through it.

"I'm sorry about him," his mother said after he left. "He's in grief." I shifted awkwardly from one foot to the other. "Thanks for dropping him off," She said. I nodded and walked out the door, and drove home.

Who was Chase? And axe murderer? A druggie? Seems like he had a secret. But it wasn't my place to find out. And I didn't plan to.

I drove into my house, and parked my car. I walked in, expecting at least a note on the table. But just like usual it was a cold pizza that said "business trip for a week this should last you." Ah, my parents. They were more married to there jobs than each other, and it seemed like they forgot I was a person with feelings.

I got some pizza and put it in the microwave. After a few minutes I let it cool and started eating it.

My phone rang, and I got up and answered the unknown number.

"Hello?" I said.

"Stay away from Chase, he's mine," the voice said.

"Take him all you want," I responded. There was only one person this desperate.

Lucy. Duh.

"If it's that easy, I don't mind if I do," she replied. I could picture her smirking on the other line.

"Well good luck with that," I said before hanging up. Honestly, this day seemed like a break in my future. The first day I interacted with a guy like him who could change my life forever.

My parents had this 'Exicting!' Plan to make me take over there spots in business. Yeah right. I'd rather eat a can of worms then work for them.

I want adventure. I want danger. I want all of that in a job, and also in a lover. But it didn't seem like that was gonna happen soon right?

You would think that the girl who had her life planned out wouldn't change after going to a sleepover at Angel's house tomorrow.

Wrong.

Everything changed.

-------------

Why do you think Chase is in Grief?

Please vote, follow and share.

Thelovelysongs