Chapter Two.

When we got on the bus after the show, I was in the best mood ever. I got to play in my home town, to a crowd of over fifteen thousand people, and my best friend/ man of my dreams kissed me, on stage, and it was amazing.

I’m still not sure if I’m going to tell Jack how I feel about him. I mean, sure, he kissed me in front of thousands of people, but that’s because the fans wanted it. He probably would have done the same if it was Zack or Rian, It doesn’t necessarily mean that he wanted to, even if it seemed like he did.

As the guys sat down on the couches, I headed for my bunk. Maybe it would be better if I had a little more time to think all of this through.

Sitting down on my bunk, I groaned, “What am I going to do about this?” I mumbled to myself, plopping my back down on the bunk.

“What are you going to do about what?” I heard Jack ask as he sat down on the bed by my feet.

“N-nothing,” I stuttered, trying to keep my cool. Great, Alex, you stuttered, he’s so going to think that nothing is up.

Jack layed next to me, and turned to face me, “Yeah, sure. Now tell me what’s up dude.” He said in an almost demanding tone, like he was in charge, and he scooted closer to me, or so it seemed.

“I don’t know, Jack, it’s all so fucky. And confusing, and I just don’t know what to do about it.”

Smacking his lips together, he let out a sigh, “Well, Lex, maybe if you let me know whatever the hell you’re stressing about, I could help you out a little bit. You know I’m here for you bro, we’ve been buddies since before I can even remember, you can tell me anything.”
“I know,” I sighed, “I just.. I don’t know how to say this, Jack,” I said nervously, trying to not look at him so much.

“Alex, just say it, please.”

“I.. I’m in love with you, Jack. There, I said it.” Again, I had to fight to keep calm. It’s not every day that I have to tell my best friend that I’m in love with him. It’s not exactly easy.

Jack let out a shaky breath, “Well, it’s about fucking time that you admitted it. I’ve only been waiting for the past two years.” He paused, looking like he was thinking about what he was going to say next, then smiled. “I’m in love with you too, Lex. I have been since I met you.”

Biting my lip, I searched my brain for the right words to say. I came up blank.

“I know, maybe I should have told you sooner, but I just wanted to be sure if you actually had real feelings for me, or if it was all just in my head. Because you know, I’m Jack fucking Barakat, and my mind likes to run wild sometimes.” He laughed, his eyes never leaving my face.

I covered my face with my hands quickly so he couldn’t see that I was blushing, “I don’t even know what to say, Jack, this is all pretty crazy.”

“I know what to say, though,” He told me, pulling one of my hands away from my face and intertwining out fingers.

“Oh, yeah? And what would that be?”

“Well, it’s more of a question.”

I laughed, starting to get a bit impatient, “Well, ask away then, Barakat.”

A huge grin spread over his face, and blush spread to his cheeks, “Alex Gaskarth, will you be my boy- wait no that sounded really stupid gah, I meant for that to be a lot smoother, maybe I should have gone with your full name-“

I cut him off, “Jack, shush. Yes, I’ll be your boyfriend.” I laughed.
“FUCK YES!” Someone yelled from the front of the bus, “Jalex is fucking real! Give me my fucking money!” Huh, sounds like Taylor from We Are The In Crowd.