Valentine's Day

En başından başla

Nico placed two waffles on the plate, and turned around looking for something.

"Hold." Nico handed the plate back to Travis. "Aether, where's the compote?"

"What the hell is a compote?" Jason asked as he set up the trays on the island.

"The berry-sugar thing in the pot." Nico said.

"I'm surprised you know what it is." Aether lifted the pot and poured a generous amount on Katie's waffles.

"You guys are life savers." Travis said with a relieved laugh.

"Don't kiss me." Nico said instinctively, as Percy burst out laughing. "Katie, if I'm not mistaken, likes a bit of vanilla on top."

"How do you know that?" Frank asked. "How could you possibly know all that?"

"Lucky guess?" Nico grinned.

"Alex." Luke said. "That means Alex told him."

"Well what are you making Alex?" Percy asked Nico.

"Caramel croissant bread pudding." Nico said as he bent his head down and drank from the tap. "It's in the oven."

"What on earth-" Leo piped up.

"You'll see." Nico said as he poured a glass of apple juice for Alex's tray.

"How is he so good at this?" Percy whispered to Aether, who simply shrugged.

"I'm Italian gentlemen." Nico said. "Watch and learn." He grinned. "Frank." Nico snapped his fingers. "Where's Hazel's breakfast?"

"There. I made her shrimp gumbo." Frank said proudly. Nico plucked a clean spoon out of the cabinet and gave the gumbo a taste.

"Finally. Someone who can cook." Nico said with relieve. "Just a bit more heat." He said as he added a pinch of Cayenne pepper.

"Chris?" Luke turned around. "Where is he?"

"Here." Chris said timidly, trying his best to prepare French toast.

"I'll do it." Luke ran over to help, and plated Clarisse's French toast. "Percy. Get Thalia's plate, please." He finished up Thalia's omelette and Clarisse's toast at the same time.

"Beck. How's that grilled cheese?" Percy said.

"Good." Beckendorf said. "I think."

"Your girlfriend loves to eat. Just add some bacon and she'll ignore everything else." Percy mumbled.

"Are you not cooking for Reyna?" Thomas asked as he placed the forks and knives on all the trays.

"She doesn't mind a bit of magic cooking." Aether snapped Reyna a perfectly cooked and plated Eggs Benedict.

"Okay. Wow." A voice piped up.

The entire kitchen turned to see Annabeth standing there.

"Well." Percy said. "Happy Val's day!" He exclaimed as he squeezed his way out.