The Shopping Trip

She stared at him for a moment, her big blue eyes unblinking.
And then before he knew she barreled into him and had her face buried in his blazer. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around her. Watari looked at them, smirked, and gave Kousei a thumbs up. She slowly backed away and regained her composure. "I missed you all so much! I'm so glad to be back!" She said cheerfully.

Next Month....
Kousei stepped out of Nagi's lesson and onto the street. He was supposed to meet up with Kao Chan at her parent's bakery so that they could go shopping at the mall. He personally hated it, but at least he would get to spend time with Kaori. And she insisted....
They started dating last month and when Kousei attempted to politely decline her invitation to the mall her rant went something like
"You can't go to the mall for ONE HOUR with your GIRLFRIEND and do me this ONE favor!!!!" She went on and on before Kousei finally agreed, haven taken several hits to the arm.
_______________________
Before going to the mall Kaori got a bag of caneles from the bakery, of which to Kousei she only gave one. He tried to ask her for another one but she pretended not to hear him and changed the subject. "Hey Kousei, doesn't this remind you of when we went shopping last May?" she asked.

It did and he hoped that it wouldn't be the same. He had had to carry everything that Kaori had bought which was pretty much everything she considered 'cute'. He was glad that Kaori was walking in front of him so that she wouldn't see the look of worry on his face. She was practically skipping down the side walk and humming twinkle twinkle little star.

__________________________

Their shopping experience was pretty much the exact same. Kaori pulled Kousei into every shop with cute or girly things. By the time the left Kousei could barely stand, staggering under a pile of shopping bags. Kaori had graciously held the smallest bag for him. Once again she skipped in front of him, this time humming Etude in C Minor Op. 10, No. 12.

When they got to her house, they went straight upstairs to her room and Kousei dumped the mountain of bags on the floor. "Hey! You should really be more careful with those." she said, annoyed. Kousei rolled his eyes and sighed. Kaori had thankfully stopped paying attention so she hadn't addressed it. Her attention had turned to the bags on the floor and she was beginning to position all the stuffed animals on her bed and stack all the glittery notebooks decorated with chibi animals on her desk. Kousei sat down on the edge of her bed as he watched her put everything from their shopping trip away. She kept tucking her golden hair behind her ears whenever it fell out of place. When she had emptied the last bag she plopped down on her bed next to Kousei and leaned against him.

__________________________________________________________________

Phew! I made it past 500 words. There may not be another chapter for a few weeks because I'm having a bit of a writers block for this book but lets just hope I have an unexpected breakthrough in the next few days.