Chapter Three: First Encounter

Marinette stared at the intruder. She didn't know who he was, or how he gotten into her room, or why, despite his alarming presence, he was lounging around peacefully.

All she knew was that she had first waken up to a beautiful Saturday morning, the sun shining with a positive air, the light sounds of birds chirping accenting the morning light.

But when she moved, snuggling into her blankets for warmth, refusing to get up, Marinette noticed there was a hunk of mass lying next to her.

She thought it was a pillow, so she attempted to fall back asleep, but then an urgent thought crossed her mind;

Pillows don't give off body heat.

Slowly turning around, Marinette came face to face with a boy.

Who was in her bed.

Sleeping.

Her mind felt like it was going to implode. She was tempted to scream, but that would wake the intruder up.

So she decided to slowly retract the kitchen knife she had stored under her mattress in case of some situation like this.

She shuffled to the end of her bed, the knife shivering in her hands, and she stared at the stranger, studying him.

He was dressed in black leather, from the tip of his toes to the brim of his neck. He had tan skin, as far as she could tell, and his peachy lips were curled into a soft smile. His blonde hair was quite disheveled, the tips of something black just poking out from his head.

Wait, were those cat ears?

Taking a closer look, Marinette realized they were cat ears, a sleek black color.

A black leather mask covered the top half of his face, his eyes closed. She peered closely again when something flicked lazily in the mess of blankets, and Marinette realized that the boy had a tail.

No matter how weird her situation was, Marinette had to admit;

The strange boy was kinda hot.

But that wouldn't stop her from pointing a knife at his chest, no. If the handsome intruder tried to pull anything, she would cut him.

It was then he started to wake up.

He sighed contently, which she found strange for a home-invader. He then snuggled into the blankets of warmth, the small smile on his lips growing a tad bit wider.

She saw his eyes open groggily, and his shocking green gaze drifted lazily around her room, obviously ignorant to the threat she posed to him.

His eyes closed, heavy with sleep, and he lay still for a moment.

To say the least, Marinette almost shit her pants when he popped awake, shrieking in alarm.

The boy pulled away from her in fright, gorgeous emerald eyes wide as he stared at her, and her knife.

But, she needed answers. And she was determined to get them.

She narrowed her eyes, glaring at the boy, pursing her lips until she spoke. "Talk."

"P-Princess?" he sputtered, Marinette catching a glimpse of white teeth. She knew it was traitorous, but her insides melted with the way he spoke, soft and sweet like.

His face dropped when he talked, and hesitantly, his hands rose to touch his face, tracing his features. His mouth dropped open in surprise, and suddenly the boy shrieked.

"I have hands?!" he yelled, frantically examining his clawed hands. "I can talk?!" he screeched once more, eyes wide with panic.

He stared at himself, pure alarm and shock evident in his expression, and then he stared at Marinette, who was still wielding the knife.

"Marinette?" he asked, voice crawling with panic. He stared back down at himself, and something clicked within him.

He could talk.

He could confess.

"Marinette!" he shouted in happiness.
"Marinette, it's me!" He lunged at the girl, tackling her, who shrieked and dropped the knife in surprise.

The boy's force collided with the small girl, and she was sent tumbling off of the loft bed, onto the ground below.

Marinette groaned, her back hitting the floor, and she slowly opened her groggy blue eyes.

There, on top of her, was the leather-clad boy, smiling right at her, his green gaze luminescent.

"It's me, Princess, it's me, Chat Noir!" he exclaimed in joy. Not comprehending, Marinette blushed bashfully.

"Um, Chat Noir, could you, um," Marinette trailed off, glancing down at her body.

"Oh," Chat said, just as sheepish. "Right." He rolled off of her, and the two of them sat up.

"Thanks," the bluenette said awkwardly, her eyes roaming anywhere other than the cat-boy hybrid.

Suddenly it clicked.

"CHAT NOIR!?"