The Light Queen (characters)

This is the second book, so if you haven't read "The Dark King" I suggest you do because nothing will make sense. Just a warning.

In case you forgot, or it wasn't clear, I'll reintroduce all the main characters and give you a bit of their back story. A picture of them are at the top (the first one says Braxton and the blonde girl below him is Fay, the font was weird) but you can change them in your head if you want.

Elise: She's an eighteen year old girl, who grew up on a farm. Her family is poor and only makes money off of the food they grow from the farm. On her eighteenth birthday she (and all the other eighteen year olds in that month) went to the centre city to visit the castle, where she runs into the evil king. He recognizes her as his childhood crush and keeps her in the castle as his bride.

Personality: naive, caring, kind
Appearance: Long (now short) dark brown hair, big blue eyes, pale skin, skinny and small.

Braxton: He's an twenty-four year old man, who was born into royalty with two brothers and a sister. His family (parents) ruled the country in a cruel way. As a child he liked to sneak out of the centre and explore the land, one time while doing this he wandered on Elise's farm. They quickly became friends but had to go back home. Even though he promised he would come back, the castle had him on lock down, making him break his promise. A few years later his parents were assassinated leaving him in charge. After becoming bitter he turned into the dark king. He meets Elise again when she sneaks off to a forbidden part of the castle and marries her against her will.

Personality: cruel, selfish, stubborn
Appearance: a little wavy dark brown hair, fair skin, tall, blue eyes

Dominic: He's an eighteen year old boy, who we don't know much about (you learn more this book) his family life but know he has a mother that passed away and a brother, Damien. He started working in the castle two years ago as an assistant chef. One night, while in the kitchen, he found Elise hiding from the king and reported it to Braxton. He was told to escort her back to her room and this is where the two became friends. Ever since the became closer and closer, until they became more than friends ;)

Personality: Warm, easy-going, funny, goofy
Appearance: Short dark brown hair, pale skin, fairly tall, hazel eyes (although Nick Robinson has brown eyes)

Damien: He's an twenty-ish (I'm actually not sure)year old man. There also isn't a lot we know at this point (more in this book), but his brother is Dominic^^ He came to the castle a year before Dominic to start training as a knight. He was assigned to be Elise's guard when she arrived. He became someone that Elise could trust.

Personality: confident,
Appearance: dark brown hair, bright blue eyes, tall-ish, pale

Fay: She's an eighteen girl, who was born into a noble family. Again, we don't know much abut her family but we will in time. Her family and Braxton's is very close because Her parents and Braxton's used to be close before they died. Fay has been betrothed to Prince Brent since she was sixteen but used to have a crush on Braxton when she was a child and still occasionally flirts with him.

Personality: Jealous, envious, confident,
Appearance: very blonde hair (almost platinum), green/blue eyes, peachy skin, medium height

Brent: He's a twenty year old man who was also born in the royal family. King Braxton is his older brother, he has a twin brother Brenden, and little sister Elizabeth. He disliked the way his parents ruled and hated how his brother did too. He wasn't in the room when his parents died like his other siblings.

Personality: Jealous, strong, headstrong, stubborn
Appearance: dark brown hair, greenish eyes, tall, pale skin

Brenden: He's a twenty year old man, the brother of Prince Brent (twin), King Braxton, and Princess Elizabeth. He has always accepted the way his family is and doesn't question it or even thinks about changing their ways. Isn't really in the story that much.

Appearance: Dark brown hair, greenish eyes, tall, pale skin
Personality: reserved,

Okay, so there's zero diversity in this cast and characters but that's basically because I'm trying to be as historically correct as possible

Xx Cam