Chapter 5

*Libby's P.O.V*

Today is Thursday, meaning tomorrow I'm going out with Nick. Today was also the day me and Nick had to hand in our project.

After waking up and getting ready, I went out into the kitchen.

"Where's that folder I left on the kitchen table?" I asked no one in particular.

"Oh, I put it on the bookshelf." Rosa told me. I nodded and walked over to the bookshelf, retrieving the folder. Nick had the model at his house, while I was taking care of the written paper. I put the folder in my backpack, before going to make myself some breakfast.

Hank got up and after he'd had breakfast, Frankie and Ashley arrived and we left for school. The bus ride was like any other, boring and over within ten minutes. We got to school and as we were walking to our lockers, we bumped into Anya, a girl in our year.

"Hi, Anya." Hank smiled like an idiot. Hank has liked Anya for ages. I'm not going to lie, it does hurt seeing him stare at her like that. She's adorable, of course Hank would have a crush on her and not me. Why would he like me, anyway? I'm just... Well, I'm me. Perhaps my date with Nick will be a good thing, maybe it'll take my mind off of Hank.

"Hi, Hank." Anya smiled back. They talked for a while, until me, Ashley and Frankie had to pull Hank away before we were late for art. After art, we had geography and Nick and I handed in our project. To our delight, we got an A*, which was quite a big deal for me because the highest mark I've ever gotten is an A-.

Before I knew it, it was break time and Hank and I were on our ways to our lockers.

"I'll catch up with you, I need to use the bathroom." I told my best friend.

"Okay." Hank replied. He continued walking while I went into the ladies room. I did what I needed to do and washed my hands, looking into the mirror for a second to make sure I looked decent. I then left the bathroom and almost walked into Nick on my way out.

"Oh, hey, Libby." Nick flashed me a charming smile.

"Hey, Nick." I smiled back, "I can't believe we got an A* on our project."

"Well, if you work with me, that's what you get." He smirked.

"Careful, people might start thinking you've got a big head." I teased. This is the best I'm ever going to get at flirting. Nick laughed.

"We're still on for our date tomorrow, right?" He asked me.

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be?" I smiled.

"Just making sure. Anyway, I need to go. See you later." He said.

"Bye." I replied, before we went our separate way. Little did I know, we were being watched.

*Hank's P.O.V*

I was waiting by our lockers for Libby to finish in the bathroom, but she was taking ages.

"Where is she?" I mumbled to myself. I decided to go and find out, so I made my way down the hall, towards the girls bathroom, but when I got their, I saw Libby stood outside the bathroom, talking and laughing with none other than Nick McKelty. I had to know what he was saying to her to make her act like that, so I hit round the corner, just close enough to hear what they were saying.

"We're still on for our date tomorrow, right?" Date?! They're going on a date?! Why didn't she tell me?! More importantly, why on earth is Libby going out with him?! She must be seriously ill or something to do something this stupid. And no, I'm not just saying that because I've had a huge crush on Libby since I was old enough to feel that way and I'm jealous. Don't tell anyone I said that...

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be?" Libby smiled up at the blonde spawn of Satan.

"Just making sure. Anyway, I need to go. I'll see you later." McKelty said.

"Bye." Libby replied, before they parted. I hid, making sure Libby didn't see I was spying on her. She cannot go out with McKelty, I have to talk her out of it. Good thing I know Libby well enough to know exactly what to say to her.

Later that day, school had ended and Libby and I were sat on my bed, playing video games, when I decided to put my plan into action.

"I heard a really interesting conversation today." I began.

"Oh yeah, what was it about?" She asked, not taking her eyes off of the TV screen.

"Two people were talking about going on a date, but those two people shouldn't even like each other." I continued. Libby looked at me for a split second before turning away again and I knew she knew I was talking about her and McKelty.

"Who... Who are these two people?" She still didn't admit it.

"You know who I'm talking about, Libby." I said. I'd completely forgotten about our game and I was down staring her down. Libby sighed, putting her controller down and looking at me guiltily. "Why didn't you tell me you were going on a date with McKelty?!" I burst out, saying his name like it was some disease.

"Because I knew you would react like this!" She tried to justify herself.

"Well, what do you expect?! You're going on a date with our arch enemy!" I shouted.

"Oh, grow up, Hank! Don't you think it's time to put an end to this stupid feud?" She asked, folding her arms with attitude.

"No! Nicholas McKelty is rude, arrogant, stuck up and just an idiot in general, and I forbid you from going out with him!" As soon as the words left my, Libby turned to me with a deepest, darkest, scariest glare I've ever seen on her usually happy face.

"Excuse me?" She practically growled, "You forbid me? Who do you think you are?!"

"I-"

"Don't speak!" She cut me off, "You have no right telling me what I can or can't do, who I can or can't go out with! If I want to go on a date with Nick, I will, and if you ever try to dictate me again, I'll never speak to you again!" She exploded, before storming out of my room. Okay, so, that didn't quite go like I'd hoped...