☆ nine ☆

the next day, jungkook had to work, so taehyung was up early with him. as jungkook got ready, tae stayed on the couch. he decided he would stay home and think more about how to tell jungkook what he felt. he had seen how the other person could reject someone's feelings, and he wasn't too thrilled.

"i'm off to work, you coming?" jungkook asked, grabbing his keys. tae shook his head no and turned around, facing the couch. jungkook shrugged and opened the door, heading out.

"alright then, tae. see you when I get back,"

once the door was shut, tae turned back around and got up, walking to the kitchen to make more coffee.

☆☆☆

jungkook parked in his usual spot, turning the car off. he let out a deep breath and opened his car door. walking inside the store, he locked the car, putting his keys in his pocket. he walked behind the register and put on his name tag, watching the other employees restock the shelves. after awhile a customer came in, the little bell jingling as the door opened. the customer walked to the back of the store, his jacket hoodie up over his head. jungkook didn't like the way he looked. he decided he would watch him, so he headed towards the back.

jungkook wasn't surprised to see the man trying to put a beer bottle in his coat.

"hey, put that back!" jungkook demanded. he walked towards the man, reaching for the bottle. the two grabbed the bottle and tugged at it, both wary of breaking it. the man took one final tug before swinging his arm back and throwing a blow to jungkook's head. jungkook let out a quick groan before dropping to the ground, soon blacking out.

pushing the employee's who tried to stop him roughly to the side, the man took off out of the shop and into his car, swiftly turning it on and screeching out of the parking lot.

soon an ambulance was called, and jungkook was taken to the hospital.

☆☆☆

jungkook opened his eyes to see a doctor, and a headache. he let out a soft groan and rubbed the side of his head. the doctor soon noticed he was awake and smiled, walking over to his bed.
"good afternoon, jungkook," the doctor begun. he told jungkook about what happened when he was out, assuring him he would be okay.
"just a minor concussion, nothing too too bad. i'd suggest taking it easy for awhile, maybe a couple of days or so."

jungkook thanked the doctor and watched as he walked out. he rubbed his head again, thinking about tae. he must be worried, wondering where he was. he sighed, closing his eyes. the door opened again, and jungkook assumed it was a doctor. when he was pulled into a bone-crushing hug however, he realized that was not the case.

jungkook quickly hugged taehyung back, rubbing his back to calm him down. it was no surprise when taehyung started to ramble.

"i was worried when you didn't come home on time and after awhile i decided to call the store and the girl on the phone told me what happened and where you were and i came right away and god i was so worr-"

"shhh! i'm alright taehyung, just a small concussion, i just have to take it easy for awhile." jungkook cut tae's ramble off, assuring he was alright. tae stared at him for awhile before shaking his head and kissing jungkook. jungkook widened his eyes.

taehyung pulled away and was about to say something when jungkook quickly spoke up.
"that's not platonic, tae," jungkook warned.

tae looked at him, sighing.
"i know, jungkook. i love you in the real way,"
tae looked away, cheeks deep red. he should have known jungkook would never had loved him in that way.

tae shrunk a bit when jungkook sat up. he expected to be rejected, and he was scared about it. he felt tears come to his eyes and he squeezed his eyes tightly, not wanting them to fall. he expected jungkook to be disappointed, maybe even mad.

he didn't expect jungkook to pull him into another kiss. it was tae's turn for his eyes to widen. jungkook pulled away and smiled.
"i love you in the real way too, tae,"

---
aaaa wow this is really rushed and it's a bit longer than my other chapters and it's late but hey, at least it's something. oh and i don't know how to write romance for shit lmao i hope you guys liked this :-)

- jadey ☆