☆ four ☆

when the two got back to jungkook's house, jungkook told taehyung to wait outside the door until the coast was clear. taehyung thankfully knew what that meant. jungkook quietly stepped in and looked at his dad, which was on the couch, a new bottle of beer in his hand.

"hey dad," jungkook greeted.

his dad grunted in response and laid back in his chair, which was a good sign he was about to fall asleep. jungkook's predictions were correct, as minutes later, his father began to snore. jungkook opened the front door again only to find taehyung had vanished. jungkook looked down the hallway and began to panic. taehyung could be far away by now, and might get himself injured. that was the last thing jungkook wanted. jungkook darted down the stairs and out the apartments, frantically searching for the boy. he stayed silent for a moment to see if he could hear the boy, and not long afterwards heard something slamming against something else.

he ran towards the noise and stopped in his tracks when he saw tae pushed against the wall, tears in his eyes, being robbed (tae didn't have anything to give except the crop top, which the criminal didn't care too much for an 8 dollar glittery shirt). before jungkook could even think, he had pushed the man off of taehyung and was yelling at him, telling him to stay away from the two. startled by the sudden commotion and afraid someone would see them and call the cops, the man ran away. jungkook waited until the man was out of sight to finally check on tae. he had a light bruise where the man had roughly grabbed to push him against the wall, and he was still frightened. jungkook gently grabbed his arm, examining the bruise before wrapping his arms around tae and rubbing tae's back.

tae, after awhile, finally calmed down, and  jungkook grabbed his wrist, leading him back to the apartments. tae's eyes had fluttered a couple times on the walk home, so halfway there, tae was on jungkook's back, jungkook giving him a piggyback ride. when they finally made it home, jungkook opened the door and walked to his room, laying tae down on the loveseat next to the bed. jungkook rubbed his eyes and stretched, getting into bed. it was a long day.

☆☆☆

after jungkook was asleep, tae opened his eyes, sitting up. he looked around the room and shuddered. what had just happened scared him terribly, and he didn't want to be so far away from jungkook that if something happened while tae slept, jungkook wouldn't be able to save him. tae stood up and crept towards jungkook's bed. he moved the covers and got under them, careful not to wake jungkook. tae moved closer to jungkook and closed his eyes, quickly dozing off.

☆☆☆

that was super short I know but i at least wrote something, and something is better than nothing :-) i'll write more next weekend, so until then

- jadey ☆