11

PLEASE READ A/N AT END

"What? What's going on Bex?" Simon asked concerned.
"I urm," I spluttered, "na don't worry, it's not important."
"Sure?" I rapidly nodded, mentally face palming myself. Simon squinted his eyes not believing me, which caused me to roll my eyes and chuckle nervously. I couldn't bring myself to say it. I wanted to I just couldn't. What is this man doing to me?

We walked over to Simon's car in the darkness, where dim lights from lampposts filled the car park, as it was later then 10pm. The car ride was pretty awkward as no one said a thing. Faint Hoodie Allen songs played from Simon's car but neither of us danced or sung along like how we normally do. It was silent. Until Simon broke the silence and awkwardness by speaking.
"Do you wanna come over to mine quickly?" Simon asked, almost begging.
"Yeah okay." My face showed a puzzled expression but soon walked it off. Then my emotion changed. No I can't do this.
"Actually, I can't. I've got to get back," I shooted at Simon. My eyes drifted away from Simon to my side window but I could feel him frown. Luckily, he didn't ask why, he just changed direction to head to my place. I felt like I wanted to cry. My heart was telling me to be with him but I couldn't. Simon is too good for me and he knows that. Everyone is too good for me apart from him.

"Daddy, I need some advice," the not so little girl anymore nervously said to her dad. She is now 10 and still calls her dad 'daddy' but she doesn't care.
"What's up sweetheart?" He asked sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea in his hand. He never drunk alcohol around her daughter incase she wanted some and he didn't want her drinking at an early age. He wanted her daughter to have a bright future so he could be a proud father. The little girl sat next to him on the sofa which made her father put an arm around her.
"There's this boy at school. He asked me out today and I ran away. He's so nice daddy."
"You get a lot of boys don't you Rebecca. Must get it from your father," he chuckled at his own joke, "Why did you run away?"
"Because he's too good for me daddy," the little girl whispered, her head dropping down to look at the white comfy throw, which was covered in fluff from Pickles (the cat). Her dad lifted up her chin with his index finger so she could look at her beloved dad. He looked into her eyes and smiled.
"No one is never too good for you princess."

That sentence from the voice of my father ran around my head. It was like he was whispering it into my ear. But he wasn't. He's not here. I opened my eyes and sighed. My eyes slowly rose too look at the stars filling the dull sky. He is up there. He is up there looking down at me shaking his head. I'm still not listening to him after all these years. When I looked around the sky, I saw one star shining brightly. There is my father. He is telling me to listen to him.
"Simon.."
"We're here Bex," he cut me off. I sighed and took off my seat belt. We looked at each other for a bit. I felt Simon absorb my blue eyes.
"Thank you for tonight. I'll call you," I spoke getting out of the car. Before he could say anything back, I closed his car door. As I walked up to the porch, the wheels from Simon's car loudly sped away. Tears started to fall from my eyes and onto the floor.
"I'm sorry daddy," I whimpered as I slid down the wall and onto the floor. Once again, I've let him down. I let everyone down; my father, Simon, my boss and even him. Although it was a good thing I let him down, I still didn't give him what he wanted. Why is it always the good people like my dad who die? Why is it never someone like myself?

"You okay?" A shadow spoke hovering over me. I quickly wiped away my tears and stood up. A tall, suited man stood above me. He had black hair in a quiff and green eyes with bits of stubble. He looked at me with a concerned look.
"Yes I'm fine thank you," I faintly smiled, my voice crackling a bit.
"No your not, come," he said taking ahold of my arm and pulling me inside the flats. I didn't even back away or flinch. I was too broken. But I know for a fact, I'm not sleeping with him. I'm sober and I know who I want. Simon.
We kept walking until he stopped and pulled me into his flat.
"Cuppa?"
"I shouldn't be here," I mumbled, shaking heavily.
"No your upset, just sit down and I'll make you a tea," he softly spoke trying to calm me down while pointing to the sofa. I followed his orders and sat down while he followed after the drinks were made.
"So what's wrong?"
"I don't even know you so I don't understand why I should be telling you."
"Just trust me. I'm not going to hurt you," he said, slightly taking back from my rudeness.
"Fine, there's this boy and I like him but he's too good for me and my dad is dead so I can hear him telling me to go for it but I know I just can't," I fired out. Why am I here? He seemed quite taken back by then recovered and smiled.
"If your father is telling you to go for it, go for it. Who cares if he's too good for you? It's your life and he might like you. Don't spend time drowning over it when you can go for it." My mouth formed a small smile as I looked up at him. He was smiling too but kindly. Then I realised, I need him. I'm going to get him.
"Thank you,..."
"Marty."
"Thank you Marty," I smiled standing up. He shook his hand gesturing to say "no worries". He followed behind me as we lead up to the door.
"I live at number 24 so come see me soon yeah?"
"Yeah I'll see you tomorrow if you want? Good luck. And remember always listen to your dad," he smiled opening the door. I nodded and walked out his door. What just happened? I've literally just got advice from someone I've never spoken to before.

Always listen to my dad eh?

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been updating as this book was on hold but I'm back since it's the summer holidays yaaay! I will be updating every day until between Sunday and Monday then the updates may take a while as I like to write them a few days before I publish them.

Sorry for the long wait of this book but now it's back!!

Lots of love,

Ellaaaa x