Who's Mr. August?

Hazel's POV:

I woke up the next morning and got ready for the day. I wondered when I should go over to Alan's place; he didn't text me and give the time. I guess that meant whenever I wanted to. I walked downstairs to find a note sitting on the counter.

Hazel,

Kevin and I went into town to do some shopping. We're gonna get some microwave dinners so you can stay at Alan's as long as you want. Have fun!

- Bella

I smiled at her note. I was glad she wanted me to spend more time with Alan, but was this her plan all along? To get me and Alan together? If it was...it's going rather well. I shook my head and was about ready to make breakfast when someone knocked on the door. "Good morning Hazel. I was wondering if you'd like to have breakfast with me." Alan said when I opened the door. "Um...sure." I said with a smile. "Great! Let's go." He said offering me his arm like before. I locked up the house and walked with Alan to his home. "Bella called and said I could keep you as long as I wanted. I promise I won't make you stay if you don't want to." He said with a slight laugh. "It's okay, I know you won't." I replied, which made him smile. We walked the rest of the way in comfortable silence. I wondered why a man his age was doing here all alone. 'He's sweet and very handsome; how come no one has snatched him up already?' I thought to myself. We walked up to a lovely looking house. It wasn't as big as the lake house, but it was far more beautiful. It was a wooden cabin with green colored shutters and a green door. We walked inside and everything looked so....warm and cozy. "This place is beautiful." I said. "Thanks. I'm glad you like it." He said with a smile. He lead me into the kitchen where breakfast was already prepared for two. "Did you make this?" I asked curiously as I sat down. "I did, I hope you like it." He said. We ate and the food was amazing, even if it was just eggs and bacon. "That was lovely." I said. "Thanks." He said as I helped him put the dishes in the sink. "Alan, where's the bathroom?" I asked curiously. "It's down the hall, the first door to your left." He said. "Okay, thanks." I replied. I went to the bathroom, and on my way back I went through the living room. I saw a picture of a younger looking Alan next to a woman. She had long golden hair and a pretty face. "That was my wife. Her name's Hannah." He said as he moved closer to me. "Where is she now?" I asked curiously. "She...she left me about a year ago." He replied. "I'm so sorry." I said with sympathy in my eyes. "It's fine." He said as he motioned for me to sit on the couch. He sat down next to me, but he left a comfortable amount of space between us. "We were happily married for about three years until she left. We moved here to have a family; she was five months pregnant when we moved. She ended up having a miscarriage, and....she blamed me for it and left." He said as tears filled his golden brown eyes. "That's horrible." I said as I rubbed his back gently. "It was a boy...she was gonna have a boy. We were going to name him August." He said as the tears streamed down his face. "It's okay." I said softly. I wrapped my arms around him and tried to comfort him; I hoped it was working. Now I knew why he used the fake name, Mr. August, on his books. I felt sorry for him, I really truly did. He loved that woman and wanted to start a family, but she left him after they lost the baby. I just couldn't understand why she did that if she supposedly loved him. "Thanks for comforting me Hazel." He said as he slowly pulled away. "Don't mention it." I said softly. He wiped his eyes and blew his nose before he spoke again. "Nobody knows about that....I..I trust you won't tell anyone." He said in a broken tone. "I won't, I promise." I said sweetly. "I'm sorry for being a downer." He said with a sad smile. "It's absolutely fine Alan. I'm willing to listen to anything you have to say, and stay to comfort you if you need it." I said softly. "Thanks." He said before he kissed my forehead lovingly. I couldn't help the slight blush that crept up on my cheeks, or the butterflies fluttering in my stomach. "Come on....let me show you around the house." He said with a slight smile. He took my hand and lead me through the house. I loved the way our hands fit together. His hands were a good deal bigger than mine, but that's what I loved about them. They made me feel safe for some reason. "What would you like to do?" He asked after we had lunch. His house looked lovely, and so did the land around it. I felt sorry for him because he lived out here all alone, but he has Bell's grandparents to keep him company. "I don't know." I said with a slight laugh. "We could watch a movie or...I could make you feel safe out on the water again." He said sweetly. "Um....how about the first option." I said, which made him laugh. "Okay, okay. You can't blame for trying." He said innocently. He picked out a movie and put it in the DVD player. When the movie ended Alan and I were so close on the couch we were practically cuddling. I was going to get up, but he pulled me closer to him, which gave me butterflies. "Don't go, I like being close to you." He said, which made me blush. "I'm not going anywhere." I said as I snuggled closer to him. He smiled and wrapped his long arms around me in a comfortable embrace. Alan and I cuddled until it was time to fix dinner, and I went back to the lake house. He ended up talking me into spending the night with him. "What are you doing back?" Bella asked when I walked through the door. "I'm getting some clothes. He talked me into spending the night." I replied. "If he tries anything I'll cut his balls off." Kevin said. "He won't! He just doesn't wanna be alone." I said before I walked upstairs to get some things. "Kevin's just kidding. If you wanna get some....then get some." Bella said, following me. "Bella, Alan and I are just friends. He's a sweet guy, but we barely know each other. Besides...he would never fall for a girl like me." I said. "You don't know that." Bella replied. "I don't know when Richard will come barging in and ruining everything either. If Richard ruins my friendship with Alan I think I'll kill him." I said as I sat on the bed and pinch the bridge of my nose. "You're begging to like Alan...aren't you?" Bella asked as she sat down next to me. "How could I not? He's sweet, handsome, funny, his smile is like sunshine, his voice is like velvet, and his eyes are just..." I said, trailing off as I thought about him. "I think someone's got a crush on Alan Rickman." She said with a giggle. "I..I gotta get going. Alan's making dinner." I said as I packed some clothes and other stuff. "Okay, see ya tomorrow." She said as we walked downstairs. I headed back over to Alan's place and sat my stuff in his guestroom. "There you are cutie. Dinner is almost ready." I heard Alan say as he hugged me from behind. "Okay, I'll be down in a minute." I replied. "Okay." He said before he left. 'He called me cutie!!!!!' I squealed inside. Maybe Bella was right....I do have a crush on Alan.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3