Ambition (PT I)

Theodora Cooper (Theo)

[am-bish-uh n]

1. an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment: Too much ambition caused him to be disliked by his colleagues.

2. the object, state, or result desired or sought after: The crown was his ambition.

3. desire for work or activity; energy: I awoke feeling tired and utterly lacking in ambition.

verb (used with object)

4. to seek after earnestly; aspire to.

Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.

-Napoleon Bonaparte

Ambition is a very dangerous thing because either you achieve it and your life ends prematurely, or you don't, in which case your life is a constant source of disappointment. You must never have ambition.

-Jeremy Clarkson

THIRD POV

"Oh my goodness!" Sophia screamed flying into the room.

The beautiful brunette's eyes were round as saucers and she was looking at Merissa in awe. She could not begin to comprehend that the woman she had known for so long was capable of behaving ... so dangerous. That was the only wors for it.

For a moment Sophia thought that a demon was actually in the room, causing havoc. If Sophia ever had any doubt it had just been cleared up, Merissa meant business and what she wants is what she will get.

Merissa groaned a little bit inwardly. The last thing she needed was a review of her... performance. She was still boiling with anger. She was literally shaking, she wanted nothing more than to punch Janet and hide under sheets. She knew Sophia and Theo and Ophelia were going to badger her with the details of what just occurred.

"I cannot believe that just happened" Sophia gushed again making her way to Tino's crib and picking up the toddler.

In the past couple of weeks she had made a great connection with the young boy. He was a happy baby and he was so easy to babysit for, never crying. Thinking about it more it was more weird than good. The baby never cried only fussed till he was picked up or fed. And he was so energetic. She couldn't comprehend how Ophelia was going to deal with him once he got older. However, she knew the beautiful mother wouldn't mind. She was too enthralled with her son.

"That bad?" Merissa asked taking a deep breath. Breathing seemed to be the only that she could do to even out her stress levels. She was still tightly wound. Even after all the yelling and all the screaming her anger had not yet been satiated.