Well, Everything's Gone To Crap

One look out the window in the morning can ruin it all.

Well, it could be worse. Although, it is the end of the world supposedly so I can't quite gauge the severity.

I wasn't prepared for an apocalypse but dying admittedly doesn't sound very lovely.

I sighed as I checked my brother's room.

"Come on, we need to find help!" I yelled, looking around in his room, but he wasn't there.

Confused, I went downstairs to see if my brother was down there.

There wasn't any of the weirdos outside downstairs so, good for me?

I opened the fridge and the cupboards, I guess to get all food that would be able to last. I grabbed my old hiking backpack and filled it with food and water. Oddly, most of the lasting food was gone, no doubt my brother's doing. Thankfully, there were frying pans. Love me, some funking frying pans.

I slowly opened the door and looked around. Rotting people were walking around.

I raised my frying pan and hit any rotting body that dared to come close.

"Well, this is problematic." I looked at the highway in front of me.

There were probably 20 cars on the road in front of me, most crashed into each other to form a roadblock. How this happened, I can guess.

This ought to be fun.

I groaned and climbed over them, hoping to find my brother and my best friend, Katelyn.

Lord knows where she is at this point.

~~~~

Well, this could've ended worse.

"What the actual hell?!" I whispered furiously. "We both could've been bloody killed!"

"Calm down Kate, at least we aren't dead." AK rolled his eyes, looking back.

"You sound like that's worse." I huff, and start walking fast.

"Kate slow down!" AK reached out, grabbing my arm. "You'll make it worse."

"I know, you're right." I frowned, looking down but still walking.

"Alright, have it your way."

~~~~

This place is in terrible condition.

I swear something will go wrong, knowing my luck it already has.

I looked around at the buildings quizzically. Reminders of Halloween nights with my brother and horrible horror movies coming with the rule of "avoid all crowded areas." Rule one, officially broken.

I flip around my trusty frying  pan and was growing accustomed to swinging it like a mad woman. All that time in kitchens wasn't wasted, I guess.

That was until I noticed a familiar ginger running across the way.

"Hey, you! You over there!" I call out.

The ginger looked at me and ran, an enormous smile covering his face. I smiled as well because I knew exactly who it was, so I sprinted in his direction.

"Hey, wait up!" I called out to him again, it seemed that my yelling caused unwanted attention.

(I cringe)

Rotters, or so I've called them because zombies is just not doing them justice, started coming from every direction. I raised my pan in defense and hit any that came close.

So eventually, there was an  escape. I glared as I ran and hit every rotter in my way,  closing my eyes and hoping for the best.

Within a minute of close-eyed running, I felt a ledge in front of me and a light, cold breeze.

"Great, freaking great." I groaned.

I opened my eyes and saw the entrance to the harbour.

Okay, swimming in the harbour or try running from a horde of rotters. Good luck to me. I ran, jumped into the harbour, and cringed because boy was it cold.

I swam up and looked around, no rotters in range, none jumping in after me. I gave a sigh of relief and swam as best I could because, well, I can't really swim. 

I had zero clue how to operate a boat so this could prove to either be easy or challenging, my guess is going with challenging.

Once at the docks, I pulled myself up. I looked around for my pan but nothing, shame. Oh well, some of these houses are bound to have more pans. I smiled when I noticed I still had my backpack on. Though, I wonder how it's still on my back. Is the food okay?

The sun was about to set so I got up and ran out, looking for a building to take shelter for the night, a pan on the top of my Christmas list.

There was one building that was easy to secure and be able to rest in. So I smiled and took that chance.

It was a one story white house. As I entered, I pushed the couch in front of the door, took a deep breath before pushing around random stuff for the windows.

Sighing again, I layed on a mattress I found in a bedroom, still thinking about my brother.

I wonder where he is now, what's he doing now that the world is ending.

Please be safe my brother. I prayed.

So I fell asleep, also hoping I'll see Katelyn soon. That'll be better for all of us.

The next morning I was woken up to voices near the front door. I was admittedly anxious.

Instantly, I ran to the back window and broke it with the new pan I found like five seconds ago. I jumped out of the window and ran away.

It didn't sound like someone I knew so honestly, I think I made the right choice. My pack on my back, paranoia building in the back of my head.

I looked for the sun and saw it a little over the horizon, morning. I survived the first day.

I wonder if Kate still has the journal I gave her. The only way to find out is to find her.

Smiling, I started jogging to God knows where. I felt free but trapped at the same time. I felt happy but at the same time sad. Mixed emotions circled through my body but I tossed them aside.

A new world, a new life.

Hello my Foxes, this is my new story because my friend stormcause spammed me to make this so, you got your wish kiddo. Well, enough from me, I hope you enjoy this story!

-Winter