Part 3: First Day Of Freedom

Bella's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep

The beeping of my heart monitor woke me up. I looked at the clock on the wall and it read 10:00 AM. I don't know what time I went to sleep yesterday, but I must've been tired enough to sleep until 10 in the morning. I usually woke up at 7, since that's when Jonathan fed me breakfast. I didn't really want to eat from him, but sometimes he cuffed me to a chair and force fed me. When I'd cry, he'd wipe away my tears and say, "Don't cry Aurora. You used to love it when I fed you." It would only make me cry more. Eventually most of the time he'd get fed up over my crying and unchain me, then let me got back to sleep for a while. Sleeping was my favourite thing to do while I was with Jonathan. When I'd sleep, I could pretend everything was okay again and I was with my family. Dreaming was the only thing that kept me sane. When I was dreaming, there was no Jonathan. Life without Jonathan meant a life of freedom. Freedom from the hell I've lived in for a decade. That was the only time I was at peace while living with him. But, then I'd open my eyes and I'd be living my nightmare all over again.

I looked next to me and saw my mom and dad. They had fallen asleep in their chairs next to me. I think this is my last day in the hospital, at least I hope. I'm sick and tired of everyone hovering over me almost constantly. I just want to go home and see my home again. my real home as in The home with my mom and step-dad. As if on cue, the doctor walked in with my step-dad in tow, and woke my sleeping parents.

"Ms. Rossi, you've been cleared to leave. But, first we must administer prenatal vitamins to keep the baby healthy and to allow it to continue to grow. That's if you want to keep it." He said.

"I'm keeping it. Our family doesn't believe in abortions, and I'm one of the most mature 15 year olds you'll ever meet. I've been through more in a decade then a lot of people have been through in their entire life." I replied.

"I don't doubt that and congratulations on the baby. Also, you'll need these." he handed me a bottle full of pills.

"What are these for?" I asked.

"It seems you have slight depression from your ordeal. Plus, with the PTSD, you'll need to take these pills for a while." He replied. Great. Thanks to Jonathan I have to take these pills, I thought. I sighed. At least I got to go home now. My parents signed my release papers as I changed into a pair of clothes my mother had gotten my step-dad to bring. After changing, I met my parents in the lobby of the hospital. The doctor had given them the prescriptions and told me to take the pills with water and after eating something. After that, my mom, step-dad and I piled into my mom's car, but not before I kissed my father goodbye. I'm going to miss him because I won't see him until Friday and it's only Tuesday. Sometimes the week feels as though it drags on. But, with Jonathan of course it would seem that way, because I was counting down the minutes until he succeeded in killing me or someone came and rescued me. Luckily it was the second one. I couldn't even imagine not living long enough to see my 16th birthday. It's like one of those things you believe will never happen to you and are surprised when it does. At least in time my life will hopefully go back to normal. When I was younger and my mom would watch the news, I'd see stories about kids who had been missing for a long time and been found doing great things like completing school, etc. But, not having gone to school since I was kidnapped, who knows how long it'll take me to graduate. Would I have to start again from kindergarten? Probably not since I'm 15. I'm sure they wouldn't want a 15 year old in a kindergarten class. Anyways, when mom and I finally reached the house, there was media scattered at the end of the driveway, as if they were awaiting our arrival, which they probably were. My mom started slowing down because the press started swarming her car and she didn't want to hit any of them.
"Don't worry sweetie, none of these people will hurt you, okay?" My step-dad, who I forgot was there, said. I took a deep breath before exiting the car. Immediately I was swarmed by the people with cameras. They were rapidly asking questions, and the flashes from the cameras were so bright, they were hurting my eyes. I was grabbed by someone and I jumped until I recognized it to be my mother's touch. Don't ask me how I know my mother's touch, but I think everyone should be able to distinguish their mother or parent's touch from someone else's.