I

As I'm shoved into my locker for possibly the third time today, I bite back a snarky retort. I could kill them all, with no weapons, if I were even trying, I remind myself. But I can't try. No one here can know anything about my fighting. Or my wealth. Or my real appearance. I hide behind glasses and a cowardly charade. I'm going to have to do this every day. No one can ever know anything about me, I realize. Even if I'm stuck here for years. Because all those things about me add up to something that is deadly. Dangerous. Something I'm definitely not ready to share with all of my new friends at this school.

When I walk through the hallway to my next class, I am given a wide berth. People apparently think that I am going to explode and infect them all with the Nerd Disease, or something similar. Everyone snickers at me as I pass. Red blooms on my cheeks, but not from embarrassment. I want to kill them. All of them. And God knows I could.

"Look at the little nerd. She's come out of hiding. Ready to face the real world?" I clench my fists as the agonizing voice gets closer to my back. I hear three steps of footsteps, so he must be getting followed by his backup. I spin around.
"What do you want, Donny?" I spit the words like they physically hurt me to speak. Donny just smiles. He's the most popular person at school, and everyone respects him. He's dangerous. And the look on his face right now is like a cat about to pounce. He grabs me suddenly by the neck, pushing me up against the wall. I gasp in faux surprise and whimper a bit. But it's all for show. If we weren't in a crowded hallway filled with students I would break both of his arms. And leave him there to get home all by himself.
"I want you to understand something. I am a somebody. You are a nobody. You can't talk to me. Especially not like that." He points to where we had been standing in the hallway. "I could kill you right now if I wanted to." Arrogant little prick. "What do you say?" He puts his face up to mine and talks very quietly now. "And I'm telling you, nerd, it had better be okay."
I make myself look down meekly. "Okay." He lets me go and I slump down onto the floor. The bell has rung. I'm late for class already on the first day of school. This sucks.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading my story!! I'll try to post chapters at least twice daily, so I shouldn't keep you people waiting for that long. I'd love to know what you think! This is my first story so I hope you like it.

I'm not going to be one of those people who apologizes for not editing their chapter. I published it. I could have edited it if I wanted to. I'm not sorry. However, I would like to say that I'm probably going to change this chapter later because I hate it. I've been having a hard time starting this story. This is the best I could come up with. 😂😂 Also in the future they will be much longer. Thanks again for reading, hope you enjoyed it!! Chapter two will be out in a couple hours.