It Only Takes Once (Chapter 17)

Start from the beginning

"Thanks guys!" I said smiling before putting my Celiné bag on the ground next to my seat.

"So how have you been?" Shalandra asked once I was situated in my chair.

"I miss my baby" I said pouting.

"Poor Khadarious!" Victoria said shaking her head.

"What you mean poor Khadarious? He's the one that left me!" I said scrunching up my face.

"I know that, I mean when he gets back, you're going to be all up under him like you were last time." Victoria said laughing.

"It's the pregnancy hormones! Trust me I know, when I was pregnant all I did was eat, sleep, whine, and miss Justin. Even if he was just in the bathroom or something I'd be crying and begging him to come back. And don't let him have been called into work during the night, oh Lord, all hell would've broken lose!" She said making us laugh.

"I feel like I nag him too much, but I honestly can't help it. I just want to be around him all the freaking time." I said sighing.

"It's normal Shak, trust me. After you have these babies you'll want Khadarious to be as far away from you as possible. Trust me I know, it happened after I had Xavier." Shakayla said rolling her eyes.

"Hello Ladies, my name is Mario and I'll be your server this afternoon. Do you all know what you'll be having to drink?" Our waiter said coming up to our table with his tablet to take our orders.

"When is Khadarious supposed to be coming back?" Shamika asked me after the waiter had left with our drink orders.

"I don't know, but he needs to hurry back before I have these babies. I feel like I'm about to explode." I said leaning back in my seat and rubbing my belly.

"Psh, Nigga please, you're not even six months yet." Jayde said smirking at me.

"I feel like I'm ready to pop already!" I said groaning.

"Oh it gets much worse sweetie! Just wait until you have to pee every five minutes, your whole body starts aching, your feet and legs swell up, or when you get back aches. That's the fun part." Shakayla said sarcastically.

"Stop Kayla, you're scaring her!" Kamile said hitting Shakayla's arm.

"Good, maybe she'll learn her lesson. She don't to be having sex anyway!" Kayla said pointing her finger at me.

"She's 26!" Shalandra said laughing.

"I don't care how old she is!" She said rolling her eyes.

"Anyway! I have good news" I said ignoring Shakayla.

"What is it, what is it?" Kamile asked bouncing up and down in her seat.

"Well when Khadarious gets back, we're going to go ahead and take our engagement photos." I said taking a sip of my water.

"So that means you're getting married?!" Shamika asked with her eyes lit up.

"Yes, we're getting married and we're having a real wedding and not a court house ceremony." I said laughing.

"Yes!" Kamile said fist pumping

"Aw Shak!" Shalandra said touching her heart.

"I know, I just wish mama and daddy were here." I said biting the inside of my cheek.

"Yeah, me too" Shakayla said reaching across the table and squeezing my hand.

THREE DAYS LATER:

"Devin shut the hell up, I only ate two packs" I said referring to his fruit snacks that I ate.

"Then why the hell do I only have one package left when it was a box of six!" He said with an attitude.