Chapter 11

Grayson's P. O. V.

'At least we can be fuck ups together'

That one sentence has been stuck in my head since the day that Ryder and I talked on the roof of the gym.

I smiled. Again. It was true. It was so fucking true. I never knew her life was so fucked up and I have a feeling there was more that she's not telling me.

And my life. Fuck my life was shit. I've never let anyone meet my mom not even my closest friends like Nick. And my dad. That lying, cheating, scumbag. He's a bastard. An asshole. My moms not even dead yet and he's already out fucking other women. I fucking hate him.

After Ryder's and I had that talk we seemed okay again. And by okay I mean we might make eye contact at each other in school without wearing a disgusted face.

I wanted to get closer to her but I know I couldn't. She doesn't let people in. It's almost like she has this never ending cycle. She lets me see a glimpse of her life but then shuts me out like it never happened.

I want to be there for her. To help her. Yet, I would never admit that to her, hell, I would never even admit that out loud.

We've been training together at the gym recently. We usually have been going at the same time after school now. It works out because it gives Tony some time off since Ryder and I have each other as partners.

Today's Saturday and Ryder and I planned to meet at the gym at 11 am. I was about to head to the gym now but first I had to check in on my mom.

Things are getting worse and I know it. It sucks just seeing her slowly slipping away from me and not being able to do anything about it.

As I walked into the room I saw her same sickly appearance that I've grown use to seeing everyday.

"Mama I'm gonna head to the gym. Is that alright?" I asked. Her eyes looked panicked making me immediately drop the idea of leaving.

"Tell him to get out" she sounded scared.

I turned around and looked behind me but no one was there. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, as I cautiously walked over to the bed and took her hand in mine.

"Who mom? Who needs to get out?" I asked softly.

She ignored my question and began to cry softly. I quickly climbed in bed with her and cradled her fragile body in my arms.

"He's eating at my brain. I can feel it" she sobbed clutching the t-shirt on my chest for dear life, "Make him stop. Please. Tell him to go away"

My heart broke and my eyes widened in fear. My mom has obviously had breakdowns before but nothing like this. I didn't know what to do.

"Shh, it's going to be okay" I tried to comfort her while rubbing her back.

"No, no. It's not gonna get better. He won't leave. Why won't he leave Grayson?" She asked me, her bright blue worried eyes looked into my gray ones.

"I don't know mom. I really don't know" I felt a single tear fall down my face.

We spent what felt like hours sitting there. Her crying, me comforting her.

"I'm gonna go make you some soup" I said getting up but she clung to my body.

"Please don't leave me" she pleaded. I closed my eyes knowing if I look into hers that I'll give in. But she hasn't eaten all day and I know she needs to get some food in her.

"I'll be right downstairs. I promise I'll be back in a few minutes"

Then, I had to tear her hands off of me. I kissed her on the head before jogging downstairs. I quickly put some soup on the stove. My eyes widened as I realized I completely ditched Ryder at the gym. I grabbed my phone to text her and say something came up but I saw that I already had 8 unread messages all from her.