N I N E T E E N » A . M

My little Seb's chatting it up there. I remember him taking American Sign Language all through high school. I took it in high school too. The man, Chris, is smiling and Seb is too. Suddenly my phone buzzes.

Scarrrrrrrr😁👌🏼😏

Yo! How's Sebby?

He's doing good. They're laughing and smiling.

Scarrrrrrrr😁👌🏼😏

Ooh, la!!!! He going to win

I hope so....what're you doing????

Scarrrrrrrr😁👌🏼😏

Lizzy and I are watching The Purge

Which one?

Scarrrrrrrr😁👌🏼😏

First one. Lizzy is like freaked😁😁😁😏😁😏

Lol, we still have the day out?

Scarrrrrrrr😁👌🏼😏

Duhhhhhhhh. We were going to go to brunch, then the park, and possibly we could make dinner reservations.

Sounds good to me.

Scarrrrrrrr😁👌🏼😏

Yeah, have to go! Liz just saw the blonde girl with the mask skipping with a machete😁😁😁 #scaredshitless

I let out a small laugh as I lock my phone. I go back to Chris and Sebby's conversation.

"So what made you quit the idea of being an actor," Chris asks.

Wait Seb wanted what? I watch Seb sign flawlessly.

'I guess because I let my subconscious get to me. Plus being blind is part of it, but my subconscious got the worst. Soon I started therapy to just talk to someone. I mean, yes I have real close-more like siblings-friends, and I tell my mom everything, but I wasn't sure how'd they feel about me talking about myself badly. There was even a point I hated talking about myself badly. That's the reason I got a therapist.'

I never knew this. Scar and Liz probably don't either. His mother may not even know. I look at one of my best friends. His smile widened, and his hands were dancing happily. It's hard to imagine that this man has ever considered-decided to do what he just said.