It's not the end, y'know?

“Go back to the field, George. I’m fine. You can’t lose to them. Leave me here.” She smiled to him, but it was a bit pained. He wondered if she was right, if he should get back to the game...but...

Abby was astonished, “Are you actually thinking about leaving me here? Don’t just stand there, idiot, help me!” She instantly covered her mouth, internally scolding herself for saying what was on her mind.

George smiled, that was the Abby he knew. So, he picked her up and carried her like a princess to the ambulance outside the field. “Hey, what do you think you’re-”

“Shush!” commanded George, making Abby blush as she crossed her arms over her chest. She silently gave into him with a pout.

In his mind, he knew that he would get scolded for ditching the game after half-time, but hopes the coach will understand. Even so, he still made sure to walk slowly when passing the game so she could see what was happening...and so he could too. They really were alike.

“I can’t believe you were actually gonna leave me there, to die,” she mumbled in disbelief, while the nurse bandaged her ankle. George, who was leaning against the open door of the back of the ambulance, gave a small snort, one Abby remembered him doing a lot when they were little. It was George’s way of saying “Get real.”

Now, it was accompanied with an eye roll. It’s nice to see that he’s changed, she thought sarcastically.

“Oh, please. First off, you told me to go. Second, you weren’t dying, Drama Queen. And lastly, I wasn’t going to leave you there, but I sure thought about it.” He gave her one of his playing smirks and she felt her heart melt a little.

In response, Abby crossed her arms over her chest and turned up her nose, closing her eyes, “Hmph. So you did think about it!” George sighed, but laughed when she opened one of her eyes to glance at his reaction. She was playing too.

The back-and-forth sarcastic remarks ended with both of them laughing together, mostly at the Nurse, who rolled her eyes so many times one would think they would roll right out of her head. George loved Abby’s hearty laugh, a kind of laugh no girl would ever give him.

“So...” Abby started softly, swinging her legs over the edge of the Ambulance. She didn’t care about the pain, which was now minor since she was distracted.

“What?”

She took a deep breath, “Do you really not care? Does it really not matter if I’m not your ‘Little Abby’?” She met his gaze, as he remained still for a second.

“Well..... I’m kidding. No, it doesn’t. Besides, you’re one heck of a girl, and one giant pain in the butt, with all the trouble you’ve caused me.” He sighed, but smirked.

When she smirked back at him, his insides did a summer-salt with how happy he was. She was his Abby, whether she sees it or not, and he’s not gonna let her go away this time.

“Aww....” she teased, “Did I pain your wittle heart? You poor thing.” She laughed with George, their voices becoming lost in the crowd’s cheers.

Basshunter’s scored two goals.

“I wonder how they’re doing....?” George thought aloud. Abby sighed, drawing his attention as she let herself off the ambulance. When she looked back up to him, she smiled thoughtfully, “I can definitely see how much you’ve changed, still speaking your thoughts in front of people. Ah well, some habits never change.”

“Like you and always wearing your hair up?” He laughed as she thanked the nurse, who gave a small laugh of “Yeah, sure”. “Besides, that ‘habit’ only seems to happen around you, even when we were little.”