30

"Finally." Damon said, noticing Kai and I arrive in the kitchen. "What took you so long?"

"We had something to quickly do before we drove back." I explained.

Kai rolled my eyes. "Damon and you wonder why I try to kill you."

"Be nice, Malachai." I whispered, so only he heard.

"No promises, Ri."

"Anyway." I sat down on a counter. Kai leaned against one beside me. "Is Grayson still asleep?"

"Yeah, she's been asleep ever since I picked him up." Caroline said, walking into the kitchen.

I nodded. "Thank you for watching him."

She shook her head with a smile. "It's no trouble, we've been over Riley." I smiled.

"And nothing new with Bonnie?"

"Bonnie needs a reason to wake up, when you travel in her mind you need to give her a reason." Stefan explained. I fused my eyebrows together.

"How we can help with that?" I wondered. "Surely you guys can give her a reason."

"And she hates me." Kai added.

"We know." Damon said. "And we already tried to but it didn't end well."

"What do you mean?" Kai wondered.

"It means." Enzo said, entering the room. "Her huntress side is becoming stronger."

"How so?" I took Zeke off my back onto my lap.

"She marked us." Caroline began, moving her shirt as did Damon and Enzo. It revealed the Rayna Cruz mark.

My eyes widened as did Kai's. "Then I'm going in her head." I said. "Before anyone else gets marked."

"Riley-"

"I'm sorry but I don't want to be on the run again." I interrupted Enzo.

"What happened the first time?" He asked, his arms folded over his chest.

"I got marked." Kai told him. "So did Stefan."

"I had to go On The Run With Him: Kai Parker." I told Enzo.

"I didn't ask you to go." Kai reminded.

"I didn't ask for your permission." I sang back.

Kai pinched my cheek and I moved my face back. "Idiot." I muttered, rubbing my cheek. He laughed.

"Okay." Stefan said, everyone was looking at Kai and I.

Caroline smiled. "I don't whether you two are cute or just weird."

"I'd say weird." Damon commented.

"Me too." Enzo agreed and Kai rolled his eyes.

"At least my girlfriend is here." Kai smirked. "And not in a box or becoming a huntress."

Enzo and Damon gave Kai a deadly glare, looking ready to tear his throat out. "You little-"

"Anyway back to Bonnie." I said before they murdered my husband. "We should get started."

"Caroline we should go." Stefan told her, holding her upper arm.

She pulled her arm back. "No." She glared at Stefan. "I want to wait for Bonnie and make sure she's alright. Unlike some people, I don't leave the people I care about."

Ouch. I thought.

Kai chuckled, earning a scowl from Stefan. Stefan just shook his head but took Caroline into another room, leaving Kai and I with Damon and Enzo.