4

"It was nice of Stefan to switch rooms with us." I said to Kai, climbing into bed next to him. There had been a spare crib for Grayson to sleep in, that Klaus let us use.

"Well it was better he slept in the bed that Kol and you used to fuck in, then me." I slapped Kai's arm and he chuckled then tilted his head. "Although it would've been even better to fuck in the bed ourselves."

"We have a son." I reminded him once more. He shrugged and I shook my head with a laugh, reaching my hand over to brush through his hair.

Kai gave me a smile. "What are you doing?"

"Playing with your hair."

He inhaled a sharp breath and just nodded, keeping his eyes locked with mine. "Okay." Was all he said before he eyes went back on his phone screen.

I watched him for a few seconds then dropped my hand and rolled over to sleep. "Ri." I hummed in response. "Does part of you want to still be with him? Have an opportunity to continue what you both shared."

I paused for a few moments to process what Kai told me, before I rolled back over to face him. "Part of me wonders what would've happen, had I not interrupted Esther." I admitted. Kai slowly nodded, putting his phone aside to face me. "But I can't change what's happened and my journey with Kol is over, he needs to accept that."

"And you need to tell him." Kai said. I rose a brow. "Now that you have your memories of him, there's no excuse and he needs understand that your decision is me." Kai rose a brow. "It is, me isn't it?"

"Of course." I cupped his cheek. "I will tell Kol."

"Good." Kai replied, leaning in to kiss me.

++++

"I can't believe we have to babysit." Kai huffed, walking into the room. I looked at him, seeing Grayson in his arms. "I found him on a window ledge." My eyes doubled in size and Kai laughed. "Not really."

I frowned and Kai winked. "Not funny." Kai just laughed and set down Grayson onto the play mat. "Babysitting is the least we can do Kai, Freya is literally saving your life."

"Freya is literally saving your life." He mimicked and I shot him a glare in which he merely winked back.

"How is the spell going?" I wondered. Kai was helping Freya with a spell.

"It's finished." Freya said, appearing into the room. She glanced at Kai with a shrug. "I'll admit, you are a good witch."

"It's a gift." Kai replied with a grin.

"Do you think it'll work?"

Freya nodded. "It should do." She said, as if she was talking to herself more than us. "Klaus and Elijah should be okay."

"That is if Stefan and the other reach them on time." Kai said with earned him a glare from Freya.

"They'll make it." She snapped, taking a deep breath before her eyes fell on Hope, who was sleeping. "Let me take her from you."

"Are you sure?"

Freya nodded and picked up her niece, cradling her into her chest. "Thank you for looking after her." She said to me.

I smiled. "It was no trouble."

She smiled back and hurried back upstairs with Hope in her arms. Kai sat down and I sat beside him, while we watched Grayson play with Hope's toys.