Chapter 9

"Hiyorin! Breakfast is almost ready!" Kofuku cried, happily like a child.

"Hai!" Hiyori said, but when she was about to walk out of the doorway, Kofuku grabbed her and pulled her back.

Hiyori almost tripped, and attempted to fix herself before she caused any more harm to her ankle.

"Woah, hey!" She said, surprised by Kofuku coming at her.

Kofuku laughed devilishly, her child smirk spread wide. She quickly looked back at Daikoku, who was cooking something in a frying pan, and put up a hand to block her voice from anyone who could've been listening. The conversation was officially private.

"Oy! Don't ya think it gets kinda annoying with all the boys around?" Kofuku asked.

"Well, actually I-" Hiyori didn't get to answer. Kofuku cut her off.

The pink goddess's face went bright and smiley again. She jumped a bit to express her enthusiasm.

"We should go hang out together. Just us girls!" She whispered.

A drop of sweat ran down Hiyori's temple and her eyebrows arched upward as she answered. "I appreciate it, Kofuku, but I can't." She laughed nervously, her eyes closing for a second.

"I'm a mom now, and I have to watch Koji, especially now that Yato punished him for what happened yesterday."

After hearing that last part, Kofuku's expression dimmed. She seemed like she still felt guilty and upset about the Phantom incident. But then, just like a light switch, she turned back on.

"I'm a god, Hiyorin. But even I still take a lil' break sometimes, too." She insisted.

Hiyori's eyes shot over to Daikoku behind Kofuku. She then went back to Kofuku. She lowered her voice. "Wouldn't Daikoku just hunt you down?"

Kofuku gave an evil giggle to match her devilish expression. She lowered her voice as well, keeping jersey hand up to block her next words.

"What he doesn't know won't kill him."

Hiyori took a careful step back, sweat running down her face.

"That's true, but what I know will kill you!" Daikoku said with a darkened expression.

The Regalia grabbed his Master, making her squeal. He picked her up a few inches off the ground so that she couldn't run away.

"Were you planning on sneaking out again?!" Daikoku asked, anger boiling in his tone.

"Daikokuuuu!" The pink god whined, wiggling in his harsh grasp.

Hiyori snuck out of the situation, and took one of the plates of Daikoku's breakfast and went up to the attic room. She could still hear the god and Regalia ridiculous arguing downstairs.

"I ask you, as your god, to put me down and let me be free!"

"And I ask you, as your Regalia, not to leave the shrine and cause disaster!"

Hiyori giggled to herself. It reminded her of Yato and Yukine's bickering.

She focused herself on Koji, who was sitting by the low table in the corner of the room. But because he was bored and punished, he found the only thing in the room that could entertain him.

Hiyori panicked, setting the plate full of food on the table and carefully plucking the object out of Koji's little hands.

"Oh! No, honey! Don't touch that. It's Daddy's." Hiyori explained, holding the mini shrine in her hands.