Chapter Twelve

"Ugh Mabel."Dipper sighed,looking down at his clothes of choice,a black strapless dress,pearl earrings,a red skirt,and black flats.Mabel had done his hair in a neat braid (but a few rebel streaks had peeked out.).
     "Oh my gosh Dipstick you look fantastic!I mean,I would go for something a little for glittery,but you look amazing!"The floating girl squealed."Or rather,I look fantastic."
     He rolled his eyes."Where's the party gonna be at,anyways?I thought you knew."
     "It's going to be at the Gravity Falls theater tonight,some famous singer is going to be there.It's going to be the next Northwest Party after the ghost (Dipper shuddered,remembering being turned into wood.)incident.Also,grammar,Dipper."Mabel mustered up her best impression of Ford."Gonna is not a word."
     "Shut up,nerd!"said Dipper,laughing.He slapped his sister shoulder,which immediately passed through."Oh sorry.I still forget your kinda a ghost."
     "Hey,when did I become the nerd?"Mabel asked.
"Just now."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dipper took a deep breath,and entered the Gravity Falls theater.The theater was filled with townsfolk,all of them in fancy clothes.I guess after all Mabel was right,I wouldn't have fit in without my normal clothes,Dipper thought to himself.
"Hey Mabel."Dipper looked up to see his old love interest,Wendy.Her bright red hair shined as bright as ever,and her dress gave her an elegant appeal.Dipper was no longer crushing,but he blushed slightly at the sight of her.
"Oh hey Wendy!Actually it's-"Dipper stopped himself,and fake coughed."It's nothing!"
Wendy's right eyebrow perked up."You sound like your brother."
"My brother?There's no way I'm my brother possessing my body!"Dipper gave a forced,uneasy laugh.Wendy just shrugged and walked away.
Dipper sighed."That was close."
     He walked toward the theater diner,where he looked for Pacifica.Dipper caught the sight of her long (probably fake) blonde hair.He gasped as he saw that she was carrying a briefcase-a briefcase that could possibly have the dice inside!
    "Go on!Ask her for it!"Mabel yelled behind Dipper.
    He gave a terrified yelp and turned around to glare at his floating ghost sister."I told you not to do that again!"
    Everything became silent.Dipper soon realized that everyone was staring at him now.He blushed from the awkward heat of the stares.
    Stupid me!I forgot that I'm the only one that can see Mabel!
    "Can you just go somewhere else?"Dipper whispered,than ran out the diner.He turned back and saw that Mabel had obeyed.The demon gave a sigh.It would be easier to do his duty without her watching.
    Dipper spent the rest of the night stalking Pacifica,keeping his eye on the briefcase.He noticed that she barely kept her hand away from it,which was quite strange.After a while Dipper felt a familiar yet unknown sensation in his stomach.He suddenly felt the urge to.....eat.He had been a demon for only a few days,yet he forgot the feeling of famine.
    So he grabbed six mini sandwiches,stuffing them in his mouth while watching her from afar.It was going to be harder than Dipper thought,getting the dice.
    She's not looking now!Now's your chance,dummy!Pay attention!the familiar voice was back.
    Dipper looked up and saw the voice was right!Pacifica was too busy chatting with a purple haired girl,her hand off the briefcase.He quickly ran,and snatched the briefcase (knocking over two chairs on the way).
    Pacifica felt a cold wind hit her in the back.She turned and saw,Dipper,or as she thought,Mabel with the briefcase.
    "I'll be back."she told the purple haired girl,and ran towards Dipper.
    "Mabel!Wait!Give that back!"the Northwest called,her purple glove flying in the air.
     Dipper didn't respond,running as fast as he could,but Pacifica tackled him on the floor in the backstage of the theater.
    "Pacifica!Stop please,I need it!"Dipper yelled angrily,foot in Pacifica's face.
    "God,can you stop being a total brat for once and give it to me!It's dangerous!"she yelled,punching the foot away.
    "I thought we were friends!"
    "Mabel for once,can you please listen to me!Be like your brother,he's got more common sense!"
     Dipper growled,and all the anger came bursting out."I am her brother!"
     Oops.He shouldn't have said that.