Chapter 1

NOTE: This entire story will be told from Scott's point of view.

"Tell them how I am defying gravity

I'm flying high defying gravity

And soon I'll match them in renown and nobody in all of Oz

No Wizard that there is or was

Is ever gonna bring me down!

Bring me down!"

I gazed at my best friend in awe as he flawlessly sang the last note. He may look ridiculous, with blotchy green paint smeared unevenly across his face and an old witches hat balanced on his head, yet he sounded incredible; his voice filling the room. As he finished I stood spellbound, he winked at me quickly before reaching over and switching off the camera, pressing the button with a satisfying click.

We had just finished filming our 'Defying Gravity' video for our YouTube channel Superfruit. Mitch had requested it so eagerly after watching the musical that we just had to cover it...and I loved how it had turned out!

"Wanna order a pizza?" I grinned, flopping lazily down onto the couch after putting away the camera equipment.

"Nah", Mitch sighed, "I think I'll have an early night, I'm shattered."

With that, he turned around and headed off upstairs. I frowned. Mitch had been so off with me lately, I wondered what I'd done wrong. Maybe he was just so stressed about the tour and the new Pentatonix album. Yeah. That's it. He's just stressed.

Frowning, I sadly dialed the takeaway place number and ordered for one, wishing that I was ordering for two.

Wyatt came and snuggled with me as I grabbed a blanket and started watching one of my favorite films, 'The Wizard of Oz'. I don't know why I like it so much. Maybe it's the idea of another world, inches away from our own, full of magic and mystery...

Ding...dong. I jumped as our old-fashioned door bell rang throughout the apartment; we really needed a new one. I winced at the shrill sound as I padded to the door in the cute slippers that Mitch bought  me and a cloak of fluffy blankets. Fashionable huh?

Quickly, I paid the delivery guy and curled back up on the couch with my takeaway, even Wyatt had gone now. I was all alone. Being alone is one of my worst fears. I think I mentioned it once in a video. Just the thought of being totally isolated from everyone and having no-one to go to terrifies me.

Once the film had finished, I crept carefully up the stairs, trying not to wake up Mitch. After all, he really did look tired. That night I was restless and struggled to sleep. I swear I heard someone creeping around, however I was too scared to move. I reassured myself that it was just my mind playing cruel tricks on me yet a part of me knew I was kidding myself. Eventually I decided that I'd just ask Mitch about it in the morning. Knowing that I'd not be able to sleep, I spent the night scrolling through Twitter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The next day.)

I was already wide awake by the time I heard Mitch start to get up. Glancing at my phone it was 7:30; time to get up. Beyonce blasting from my phone speakers, I showered, closing my eyes, letting the hot water run down my bare skin.

"Hey! Hurry up in there!" Mitch shouted, knocking loudly on the door.

"Wait a sec!" exiting my bliss, I grabbed a towel hastily, letting the coarse texture of the towel burn my skin slightly as I hurriedly dried myself.

As I opened the door to leave, Mitch shot past me like a bullet; not saying a word. "Hey..." I started, but he'd already slammed the door. That was weird.

A strange aroma lingered in the air he'd just left behind. It smelt familiar, yet it wasn't nice. Sort of a metallic hint to it...wait...it wasn't blood was it? It couldn't be. Dismissing the thought from my mind, I continued to get ready for my day. Slicking back my hair and changing into a plain tank top and pair of shorts I was ready.

I saw Mitch around half an hour later when he sauntered into the kitchen.

"Wan't to go to breakfast?" He suggested with a grin, like nothing had even happened.

"Sure!" I smiled, glad that he was finally acting normally again.

"So...where do you wan't to go?" He started, "Wait! How about that cute little cafe down the road...I love it in there!"

"Me too! Lets go!"

I smiled as we walked out of the door together, yet I wasn't to know that my happiness wouldn't last long...

NOTE: Please tell me what you think of my story so far in the comments below and don't forget to vote! What do you think Mitch's secret is?