Chapter 26

The time after Ali ended it with him was agonizing as hell. Dec tried to go about everyday like he wasn't affected by it, but it took him all his might. He was always left emotionally exhausted by the end of the day, making him just want to curl up in bed and never get up again.

Ali, on the other hand, seemed to be doing a better job. She went on about her day as if she and Dec never dated, as if their time together meant nothing to her.

Their friendship really took a hit after their break up (well, it's not really a break up since they were never really together). Dec found Ali spending less and less time with him outside of work ever since she made things official between her and Stephen. The Geordie only saw her during work and on the odd occasion Lisa and Ant invited them over for dinner. Even then, it felt like Ali wasn't there because she was always occupied by Stephen, who now tags along with his girlfriend.

The new couple still kept their relationship under wraps. Only close friends and family knew about them, as well as the SNT crew. It helped that there wasn't much interest in Stephen's personal life. Not that anyone would have noticed anyway if they were paying attention; Stephen was working closely with the lads at the moment, so it wasn't odd to see Stephen with Ali.

Unlike any loved-up couples, Stephen and Ali rarely showed much affection when they were together. At least that's what Dec has seen whenever they were around him. Now that he thinks about it though, they're probably doing that on purpose. He suspects that they were trying not to flaunt their relationship in front of him. Probably Ali's idea. Stephen wouldn't be courteous enough to avoid gloating the fact Ali picked him and not Dec. But as hard as they might try, there were still moments when neither notice Dec and the Geordie ends up witnessing how happy they are together. 

Dec knows he should suck it up and accept the fact that Ali didn't want to be with him. He knows he should just be happy for her because that's what important anyway: her happiness. But he can't help feeling jealous. Anyone would react the same if they saw the one they love with someone else. Dec can only hope that as time passes by, his jealousy will wane.

--------

It's been four weeks now since Stephen and Ali were officially together and the SNT crew are getting ready for the cruise. Dec is glad that they're only staying there for one night because with all his luck, he ended up getting a room sandwiched between Ant & Lisa's and Stephen & Ali's. 

Dec wasn't really bothered by the whole lodging situation. Well, he wasn't bothered by it until it was actually time to sleep. As he laid in his roomy bed, he could hear Stephen and Ali's voices through the thin wall separating them. He can hear the couple's conversation, its flow interrupted occasionally by Ali's giggling.

He contemplated on banging his fist against the wall and telling them to shut up, but he knows that if he does that, it may make his relationship with Ali more awkward. Besides, if he does that, it'll also stop Ali's giggling, something he doesn't hear quite often these days.

On the other side of the wall, Stephen and Ali enjoyed their conversation, unaware that their neighbor can hear them.

"Stop it, Stephen," Ali giggled as her boyfriend attacked her neck with kisses. "You know I'm ticklish there."

"Fine. I'll just kiss somewhere else then." Stephen adjusted himself on top of Ali so that they were eye level before diving in for a kiss.

It started out as simple kissing, but eventually, the kiss deepened as their lips parted. Their tongues danced together, eliciting a moan from Ali. This encouraged Stephen to move his hips down and grinded his against Ali's.

"Mmm, Stephen."

One of his hands ventured to rid Ali of her knickers, only to be stopped by Ali.