The Tale of Danny and Kay

Chapter One, Kay's POV

"Thanks, have a nice day!", I said as I bagged the old woman's blouse. Yep, I work at the mall. Tourists and locals pop in and out day in and day out. Nothing interesting. I leaned against the counter and sighed, whipping out my phone to text my best friend, Angie.

Me: "Hey Ang, U busy?"

Angie: "Nah, just watching Danny interviews".

I rolled my eyes. Angie and I are MASSIVE fans of The Script.

Me: "I wish I could be there.. on the late tonight".

Angie: Haha xx

She's probably with her boyfriend. Surprise, surprise. Angie always gets the guys. I mean, I'm not desperate at all for a boyfriend, but Angie has the perfect body that everybody wants, pearly white, straight teeth, long brown hair, and an amazing personality that everybody loves. Me? I'm just a typical old flimsy , pale, ratty headed person who just turned twenty, with a personality that nobody would care for. The sound of clothes hitting against the desk startled me. I adjusted my name tag.

"Hi there, did you find everything alright?", I said, scanning the tags on the articles of clothing.

"Yes thanks", he paused for a second. "Kay" , he completed his sentance.

The man had black hair that was oddly formed into a perfect, steady quiff. I brushed it off. He pushed his glassed up to the bridge of his nose and smiled. Jesus, he looked awfully familiar!

"You know, you remind me of... nevermind", I said trying to avoid major embarassment.

"You're grand, go on!", sounded the thick Irish accent.

"Err... just.. Danny O'Donoghue from The Script", I stuttered, blushing like mad.

He took off his glasses and laughed.

"You got me!", he said.

Oh sweet baby Jesus, what in the bloody hell just happened? This has GOT to be some type of sick joke. My jaw dropped and I started trembeling. Danny O'Donoghue is standing right in front of me.

"No way... you can't be serious right now!".

Danny opened his arms, welcoming me to a famous Danny hug, and I immediatly hopped around the  kiosk and threw myself across him.

"I'm a massive fan of yours, Danny! I've wanted to meet you for ages!", I gasped, still holding on.

He laughed at me in my fangirl state and squeezed me one last time before breaking the wonderful hug. I stood still, looking up at his handsome face on the verge of tears.

"Thank you for making this the best work day EVER, Danny", I told him. "My shift is over and I better get home", I continuted as I quickly bagged his clothes, which I had totally forgot about.

"May I walk you home?", he asked.

"Err, uhm, what, SURE!", I exclamied.

I quickly gathered my bellogings and walked with Danny side by side out of the mall complex. Angie will never believe this.

Danny's POV

I needed to make a trip to the dreaded mall. I hate the mall because everyone recognizes me. Can the jumper and jeans wait? Don't think so. I rummaged through the drawers of my dresser to find a disguise, but black sunglasses is the best I could do. I fumbled putting on my boots and locked the door on the way out.

I had a busy and exhausting day in the studio with Mark and Glen, brainstorming ideas for the third album! Anyways, I walked rather quickly down the winding path, you know, just incase anyone would notice me behind my shades.

I finally made it into the door of the mall after taking a couple of pictures with fans. Thank God the department was empty so I could get in and out! Jeans, boots, check! I waited patiantly  for someone to assist me at the register for a minute or so, when all of a sudden a lady, probably in her late teens, rose from the floor. 

"Hi there, did you find everything alright?".

"Yes thanks, Kay". I smirked at her name. I've never actually met anyone with the name of Kay. It would probably be bad of me to ask if Kay was short for anything, so I left myself in curiousity.

Through the my sunglasses, I could see the look of déjà vu on Kay's face when she looked up at me, scanning my items. 

"You remind me of... nevermind", she began, obviously recognizing me.

"You're grand, go on!", I encoruaged her. I actually wouldn't mind getting to know this girl more. She's very pretty, indeed. She had glistening eyes, one blue, one light brown, shiny auburn hair with frizzy waves, and a cheeky grin she tried to hide when she looked up at me. 

"Err... just.. Danny O'Donoghue from The Script", she spat out quickly.

"You got me!", I laughed, taking off my disguise.

The look on her face was priceless. She smacked a hand across her mouth in disbelief and started to shake, also known as fangirling? I've heard fans talk about it, and I even Googled it. It's safe to say Kay is in a fangirl state!

"No way... you can't be serious right now!", Kay stuttered.

 I smiled at her and opened my arms to welcome her into a hug. She darted out from around the desk and squeezed the life out of me! 

"I'm a massive fan of yours, Danny! I've wanted to meet you for ages!".

I chuckled at her and gently pulled away from her. I couldn't help but gaze into her eyes as she looked into mine. It went silent for a moment, as we stood and stared, but it was a comfortable silence.

 "Thank you for making this the best work day EVER, Danny", she told me. "My shift is over and I better get home". 

In my mind, I whimpered a little, since I wanted to know her more, but oh well. Nothing nice lasts for me as far as women are concerned.

"May I walk you home?", I offered . 

Kay, full of glee, agreed, handed me my bag, and we walked together out of the complex.

 A/N : Hey guys, so that's a wrap for the first chapter! I really hope you like it as much as I do. Thanks for reading! xoxo