Chapter Six

incredible

1.so extraordinary as to seem impossible

Yep, that basically summed up last night. I don't think I have had a better time with anyone else in my life. The fact that Danny O'Donoghue did all of that for me has still managed to blow me away every time I think about it. Anyway, we did stay in the shed just having a heart to heart conversation until probably two in the morning until we both felt the need to sleep. He held my hand all the way back to my flat too beacuse he clamied that the town was dangerous at the time of night. Dreamy.

The sun was too bright for my eyes to tolerate. I smashed my pillow into my face and then forced myself to detach myself from the comfort of my bed. I got showered and dressed into clean pajamas at 10:30AM. What am I like? I stuck on some Netflix, Catfish, the best way to scare anyone away from online dating.

I felt like something was missing beside me, but then again I am probably just crazy. No, no I'm not. I miss Danny by my side. Hell, he's probably making some music in the studio. I found my phone beside me and hovered over his number and after a minute decided to press it. I nervously put the phone up to my ear afraid of disturbing him.

"Howya, Kay".

"Aye, Dan".

"Hope I didn't disturb you, I just felt like saying hi", I said nervously.

"Not at all, I'm just watching mindless TV".

I smiled to myself in relief. He is just such a normal person, you know?

"You know, since last night, I haven't been able to get you off my mind".

I froze.

"Oh really?", I said, trying not to sound overly excited.

"Kind of miss you and your company", he replied.

My heat melted at those words. I paused for a second to ponder that.

"Come over?", I asked.

"On my way!", he said very quickly and hung up.

I chuckled to myself. Mad man, he is. I un-paused Catfish and enjoyed it a bit more until there were many frantic knocks at my door.

"Danny!", I smiled and melted into his arms.

He kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back in the doorway.

"Come in! Just about to start another episode of Catifish!", I said.

We both sat down and immediately he trapped me in his arms and let me rest my head on his chest.

"I'm happy you're here", I said. He played with my damp hair.

"Me too. You're my best friend, you know that?", he asked.

"I know that. I love you so much, best friend".

"I love you more, best best friend". I laughed and buried my face into him.

God, he smelled fantastic. I feel like I'm falling for Danny O'Donoghue, like the more-than-just-best-friends way. I can't. I just need to step back for a second. He's been my idol for such a long time, these feelings are normal. Ugh. I love him on so many different levels. I clearly need to keep this to myself. Snap out of it, Kay!

"Earth to Kay?", Dan said, waving his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, zoned out", I laughed.

"Whatcha' thinking about?", he asked, curiously.

"How ridiculous this show is", I said, directing my attention towards Catfish.