Chapter Seven

A knock on the door. It better not be Daniel or the gobshite will get a shoe rammed up his arse. There was another couple knocks. It was still raining heavily and if he drowned in the rain I wouldn't care much.

"Kay. Open up the door or you won't have one anymore", said the male voice.

I walked to the door but didn't open it.

"Daniel. Leave".

"It's not Daniel, it's Gleniel".

I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. Good ol' Glen.

I opened it up, and in front of me was Glen, ringing wet, his jet black hair flat against his forehead any drops of water running to the tip of his nose.

"Can I come in?", he said.

I opened the door up and and let him dry off with a towel. He combed his hair back with his fingers and sat down next to me.

"Dan told me what happened", he said after a long silence.

"Really? If that's why you're here then I don't want to talk to you", I said, in tears again.

"Relax, Kay. I'm not leaving until this is sorted", said Glen, as zen as possible.

"He feels like crap for not telling you about Nina. He knows he played with your feelings and lead you on, I guess. He cares a lot about you".

"I really like him, Glen", I whisper.

"I know you do, dear, but you have got to realize that flirting is his nature. He thinks the world of you. Cuddling and being affectionate towards you is just they way he is, and he's like that with everyone, you know?", he said.

"He made me feel special, like I was something. I'm just another one of his many options when things go to hell and he's just buttering me up now", I cry.

Glen scooted closer to me and put his arm around me, pushing the stray hairs stuck on my face back. He gave me a knowing nod of his head and let me cry. After a few minutes I finished letting my frustration out, Glen's phone rang.

"I take it's Danny".

Glen rolled his eyes and picked up the phone.

"Bad time, Dan. Talk to you later", Glen told him in annoyence.

"No, that's a terrible idea. Just keep to yourself, will you? Bye".

I gave him a glance that he returned. He seemed a little nervous but I didn't think much of it.

"I'll tell you what, Kay, Angie has really warmed up to me lately. We went out for a few pints a couple times during the week", Glen said to change the subject.

"I'm sorry if she makes you uncomfortable".

"Not at all, I think I'm warming up to her, like a lot".

"That's nice. Happy for you two. Ang hasn't said a word about any of this to me and she usually tells me everything. Apparently it's forbidden that anyone should tell me anything", I said.

Glen rolled his eyes at me and gave me a hug. A particularly wet one.

"Look hun, I've got to head out. I thought i'd check on you. Take care of yourself, alrighty?".

I walked Glen to the door and hugged him again.

"Yeah. Thanks. Bye".

I went back to the sofa and continued to curl up in the duvet.

I miss Danny.