EPILOGUE

If there was a moment in your life you desired to change, would you go back and do so? If you chose yes, you'd tell yourself to make it count. To make sure it was the best decision before you locked in you answer., because there was only one chance. The longer you waited, the harder the decision became. What if you chose wrong? What if there was a better choice?

I stepped off of the bus and breathed in the hot, California air. Unfortunately, I wasn't familiar with this specific region. But if there was a visible representation of what Hell looked like, it would be this place.

The heat rose off of the dark asphalt as I heard the guard begin to address us. A devil stood on my shoulder, whispering an evil plot into my ear. If I played my cards right, I could fight my way out. All I had to do was think. There were ways around this. There had to be...

"Inmate!" she shouted.

I jumped out of my trance and looked up into the stern eyes of the woman who had just addressed me. Brown eyes burned into mine, a fire deep within rekindling. I wanted nothing more than to wrap my hands around her neck.

I peered through the brightness of the sun and studied the building. A trickle of sweat rode down my back. This was where I would spend the rest of my life, frozen in time. The rest of the world would soon move on and forget about me.

There was no going back, and there was no going forward. My bed had been made the day I walked into the line of fire, where a bullet of betrayal pierced my soul and ended the very life I had.

To be continued...