Chapter 19; Somebody Told Me (New Book Cover)

Worry, worry, worry. Was his tie straight? Did his dress shirt have any stains on it? Did he smell okay? Was a reapplication of deodorant and cologne needed? Were his shoelaces tied? Wait, he was wearing dress shoes, they don't have laces. Dallon was so nervous, words couldn't even begin to describe what was going through his mind.

As the tall man smoothed out his suit jacket one last time, there was a knock on the door frame. Dallon turned to see Brendon standing in the open door. His hands were folded in front of him, his eyes stayed glued to his shoes and he sniffled as he attempted to repress silent sobs. All anxiety drained from the older man as he bee-lined for his boyfriend and enveloped him in a warm hug.

"He won't be allowed to talk to you, okay? If he does Duckie will have you out of there before he gets even gets two words out." The officer placed his hands on the boy's shoulders and looked down into the younger's big brown eyes.

"I-I had a dream last night, it was a dream not a memory. Dally, he wanted to take me home and he did and then he beat and you weren't there, I wanted to be there all the time." Brendon fell into the man's chest and crying.

"Baby, I will always be here when you need me." Dallon made sure to add the second part knowing one day Brendon would want to move on with his life. "Dizzie is coming too, she'll be there for you too."

"Dally, what if he wants to take me back? I don't wanna go back, I wanna stay here with you so you can show me all those movies and snuggle and care about me." Brendon was sobbing into Dallon's shirt, leaving tear stains behind.

"Baby, as long as I'm here he will never lay a fingernail on you ever again. Come on now, let's show him how happy you are in your new life. Andie, Duckie and Dizzie will be here soooo, get yourself smiling again. Or maybe, I'll just have to tickle it into you." Dallon started to tickle the boy, and as he tried to run away, Dallon stopped him and pulled him into a tight hug, carefully making sure the boy could escape if need be.
"There's that smile. Hey, wanna know a fun fact?" Dallon rocked back and forth as he hugged the shorter from behind.

"Hmmm?" Brendon smiled looking up at his boyfriend, placing a kiss on the older's cheek.

"The first time I saw you, you were smiling. Your smile was what had me wrapped around your finger before I even knew your name." Dallon spun Brendon around and fell backwards onto the bed, Brendon landed on top of him, making the boy giggle. "I wish I could make sure there was always a smile on your face."

The two laid there, a content smile on both of their faces. For a millisecond, everything was perfectly okay. The whole moment made Dallon feel all warm on the inside, it made him pull Brendon in a little closer and hum a softly into his ear.

"If you ever need someone to cry to,
If you ever need someone to hold you,

I will be there,
Standing by your side,
I will be there,
Standing by your side,

If you ever need someone,
To just love you,
If you ever need someone,
To simply adore you,

I will be there,
Standing by your side,
I will be there,
Standing by your si-"

The officer stopped when he noticed that his friends were standing in the doorway of the bedroom, watching the man gently calm the boy. Dizzie giggled a little, causing Brendon to stir from his relaxed state.

"And I guess your presence means it's time to go." Dallon laughed, propping himself up on his elbows as the younger rolled off and layed next to him on the queen sized bed.

"Yeah, I just need to over the statement with Brendon and then we're good to go. You should probably run over emergency situations and scenarios with Duckie and Dizzie, since they're making sure that we don't run into any problems. As the officer in the case, you can't leave unless we call for a recess, which we can do, but we need to figure out when a recess is needed, because we only get one." Andie commented before disappearing into the kitchen, where she had already gotten out the needed papers.