Chapter 18; Wishin' On A Star That's Just A Satellite

Dallon was awoken suddenly, due to violent movements and murmuring next to him. Brendon was sweating like crazy and his face was deadly pale, when the older felt his forehead it was burning up. The man didn't know how to properly wake the boy from his feverish state, but he knew he couldn't just shake him awake.

"Brenny, baby, I need you to wake up." Dallon cooed softly to the shaking boy.

Surprisingly, Brendon woke up the first time, but only to turn and vomit onto the floor. Gently, Dallon moved to rub his back as Brendon shook. After all the vile contents of the boy's stomach were deposited onto the floor, Dallon took him into his arms and rocked him slowly, soothing and calming the sick boy.

"S-sorry Dal, I didn't mean to." Brendon stuttered out in a sick, hoarse voice.

"Baby, it's okay, it was an accident, you're sick and we've been stressing ourselves for these past few weeks, it happens. Right now, I just need you to rest your voice and let me take care of you."  Dallon replies and walks them to the bathroom, letting Brendon stand in the shower and then helping the boy remove his shirt. "Do you want me to turn around so you can take off your sweats, baby?" Brendon shakes his head.

"Could you take them off for me?" He whispers, now his back leaning against the back of the shower. Dallon nods and pulls the sweats off, this wouldn't turn into anything sexual, Dallon was too worried for Brendon's health to pay attention to his crotch. Once Dallon discards the wet clothing he is about to close the shower door for Brendon to take his shower but the boy stops him. "Could you stay in with me?" Dallon nods, a bit nervous if the boy would freak out so he decides to step in with his pyjamas on, though Brendon shakes his head and says, "You can take your clothes off, he used to wear his clothes all the time while I-"

"Yeah, I will, tell me if you want me to leave if you feel uncomfortable, Brenny." Dallon reassures the boy and he nods in compliance. After removing his t-shirt and pajama pants, the man starts the shower, turning it to where the water was lukewarm, the boy relaxes once the water hits his back and places his head on the man's chest also leaving his arms on his chest.

The older wrapped his arms around Brendon, letting the water run down over the both of them. Carefully, Dallon moved to grab the bottle of shampoo from the side of the shower. He gently massaged it into Brendon's scalp, trying to stimulate the blood cells and make sure that there was no pressure in one spot. It seemed to make the younger happy, so the man walked him backwards a little so that the water could rinse the soap from his hair, Dallon insured he put out his hand above the younger's to prevent any shampoo from running down into the pretty, brown, puppy dog eyes.

"You'll be okay Brenny, I'll take care of you. I will always take care of you." Dallon smiled down at the boy who had relaxed against his chest once more. Brendon smiled back, as Dallon's mother always says, "a smile can cure everything, from a fever to a broken heart", she was crazy, but she was one hell of a caretaker.

After massaging conditioner into Brendon's hair and helping wash his body, Dallon gently rubbed the boy down with a towel, allowing him to do the more sensitive areas. It was four a.m. by the time Dallon had Brendon set up on the couch for the next few hours, until Andie and Duckie arrived with more questions to ask, though they probably wouldn't get much out of the boy who passed out before the man even set him down on the couch.

Now, to tackle the vomit on the carpet. It's not that Dallon minded about cleaning it up, but it was still going to be a task. It only took about 15 minutes to get it fully out of the carpet and then another 3 to hunt down a nice smelling candle to get the scent of sickness out of the room.  Then he placed a bucket on the floor, next to the sleeping boy, just in case, and since there was no chance of him going back to sleep, in case Brendon woke up and needed him, Dallon decided to get some work done.