ー章.

ー章.

she chewed on her lip.

kept fiddling with her thumbs as she stared down at the white tiled floor, moving loose strands of hair from her ponytail out of her face. blinked away dust from her eyes. occasionally looked over at the clock.

she found it unusual as to why she had to be here. had to miss cooking class – the best class – just to wait for him to score a date with this american girl.

michi supposed it wasn't too bad. was better than sitting at a table full of smart kids who would stare her down if she didn't get the right ingredients or measurements for a cake or something. besides, she was only doing this so yoongi wouldn't get nervous.

had told her beforehand that he wasn't too good with girls, especially foreigners. said that he'd feel confident with her making sure he didn't fuck up. and after some minor begging, she'd finally obliged to watch from afar. so now she was here. sitting as far away from the two as possible, nearly in the last desk at the back of the room.

she drew some small little doodles on the desk surface beneath her, occasionally catching yoongi's hopeful winks as he carried out what seemed to be a pretty okay conversation. she could hear his broken english, and the girl's broken korean.

michi couldn't help but smile a little as the their conversation began to wind down, ending with yoongi smiling widely and the girl ruffling his hair before trudging out of the classroom.

she stifles a laugh as he does what she guesses is his happy dance, consisting of the flailing of his arms and stomping of his feet. she smiles. it was nice seeing someone else be happy.

dead boy: i need to talk to you,,,

dead boy: we need to talk.

michi only checked the notification and furrowed her eyebrows, almost rolled her eyes. what he had to say was probably nothing important. the school day was almost over, she was gonna call him soon. he could tell her then.

yoongi skips over to her, taking a seat down in the desk in front of her. he swivels around, shoves the small piece of paper into her face. "look at this. you see this? i got her fucking number, michi, you're a genius."

"it's just basic english, yoongi, there's ー"

"she spoke korean. like, her korean was choppy and hard to understand at some points but so was my english, start planning the wedding. we're made for each other."

"what's her name?"

"aaliyah. ahh, aaliyah. isn't it the most beautiful name you've ever heard?" he leans back against the desk, staring off into space momentarily, "she's so pretty."

michi chuckles. "you're whipped."

"we should celebrate."

"yeah?"

"let's go get ramen. my treat. and soju, as a taste to me getting a foreign girl's fucking number, please. we have to."

she thinks about it for a minute, looks up at the clock again. school was gonna end soon. straight to the ramen place and then home where she could finally call jeongguk and see what he had to say.

yoongi was her friend after all. and she was quite proud of him for accomplishing something that could've been harder than it actually was. she loved ramen, had only had soju once.

"okay."