The Blessing

Author's note: Its been a long time since I've wrote something with a similar idea like this. My writing skills are a bit rusty, I can't remember the last time I wrote a good story, so I hope you guys support me as I try to write this. I hope you enjoy! I'll still write if nobody likes it, and I'll hope that somebody will like it one day.

"Angela, please-"

"I said no. Now please stop pestering me, Erik."

Erik sighed. His pleas and desperate begging to get his wife to abort the child had not worked. But he kept trying his luck. He didn't want a child that wasn't his own blood.

"Honey, please understand. Why would you keep a tainted..thing inside of you? You never wanted children before, what changed now. Don't tell me you enjoyed it when that man raped you!" His voice started to crack in anger and sadness at the end. He couldn't take it anymore.

"Why on earth would I enjoy being raped!" She screamed at Erik, standing up. "I've been thinking about adopting a child for a long time, even though this is different-" her voice started to crack and tears formed in her bright blue eyes.

"I...even if its not your flesh in blood, we can finally start a family. This a blessing of a curse." She went over and hugged Erik. "Please, baby, I want this child."

Erik frowned, wrinkling his brow. Returning the hug, he thought about Angela's decision. To be honest, it is her decision. Sighing, he resented and nodded his head.

"Alright. Fine."

She gave him a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you so much baby. Can you please, promise me something too?"

He hummed, "What is it?"

She buried her face into his chest, her shoulders shaking.

"Don't hate this child, please. Its not the child's fault that it will be born this way. We'll tell our friends that we finally decided to adopt a child..."

She trailed off, crying softly in Erik's chest. Erik's chest churned with a foreign emoting. He hugged Angela as she curled her arms around him.

"I promise."

This was an introduction to the story. I hope its not too bad of an intro. I'm starting to feel like this will turn into a very good story. Please vote if you enjoyed it and would like to read more of "A Blessing Of A Curse."