"I gotta go Liv, Niall is taking me ice skating this evening and I'm meeting him downstairs at closing." She beamed and I rolled my eyes dismissing her.

Then I was alone. I picked up my hot chocolate and looked around my office, impressed with what the small amount of decor and color could do to a room. It was getting dark outside my window, the city was coming to life.

Christmas lights were everywhere, and there was a light snow falling, I smiled at the sight.

"Wow, it almost looks like an office and not a prison cell." Louis voice startled me so much

I jumped, my hot chocolate spilling all over my blouse and down my legs.

"You scared me!" I scolded, then cringed at the stains now covering me. But to my own surprise instead of being angry I laughed.

Louis was confused, because while he had a look of pure horror on his face I was in stitches. "Do I need to call a doctor?" He teased and I shook my head.

The air between us was a bit thick. Mainly because I don't think either of us knew where we stood. After that night in my apartment there was this unspoken feeling between the two of us.

"I guess that's what I deserve right?" I sighed leaning against my desk, looking up to meet his eyes.

He looked as handsome as ever. He had gotten a haircut recently, and so it wasn't the unruly mess it usually is.

He had traded his blue short sleeve polo for a black long sleeve one, and he still looked at me like I was something special.

"Well, you see when we first met, I bothered you to the point of you spilling coffee on my crotch." He started and instead of groaning or complaining I smiled.

"So it's only fair that I find a way to spill a steaming beverage on you as well, even though I personally didn't do it." He sassed and then we were quiet again.

"Question" I stated bluntly and he raised his eyebrows "answer." He retorted and I scoffed.

"Why didn't you show up?" I asked, I didn't have to be specific, I knew that he would understand what I was talking about.

His face fell, looking guilty, but he quickly recovered. "Because I was angry with you." He stated honestly, like he always has been.

"I was angry, and I didn't think I should go listen to you pretend to be someone I know you aren't."

"But Louis--" he held his hand up, smirking, so I wasn't sure what was going on, but I quit talking regardless.

"You see, I didn't want to read that article, I didn't want to see what all you had written, given the previous one I read Lola was a bit vicious." He took a step towards me, and I felt my heart beating faster in my chest

"So instead I opted to look at the reviews online about the conference itself, because those are always more fun." He smiled.

He was confusing the crap out of me, and I honestly wanted to punch him

In the face.

"So whenever I saw that Olivia Rhea was the one who wrote this article, and not Lola I was intrigued."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "How could you know that if--"you see my wonderful employee Stewart, he's got a thing for journalist, one in particular."

I rolled my eyes, remembering Stewart was the one who practically brought me to my senses in the first place.

"Oh really?" I teased and Louis took another step closer. I glanced at my watch. A quarter till five.

"Yeah, she's going to a really great writer one day." He chuckled and I raised an eyebrow, was he still talking about me?

"I still haven't read your article." He stated and I frowned. "I did, however, read a review about your article."

I sighed. "Oh great, let me guess, I'm a disgrace, I'm a laughing stock of the trade I'm--"you're Olivia." He cut me off.

"Jaqueline Li, wrote a very convincing review." He smiled, he had been edging closer to me as the conversation went on.

"Jacqueline." I mumbled under my breath, halfway in awe, halfway ready to rip her to shreds. "Stewart and Jaqueline? How do they even know each other, isn't Stewart like seventeen?"

Louis chuckled "Stewart is twenty, and you're really more concerned about their relationship than the fact I'm trying to tell you something here." He mumbled

"You told me you didn't read my article." I frowned and he smiled. I wished he would quit smiling it makes this whole not being together anymore thing really hard.

"I didn't." He was going to give me a migraine. "But I know what you said, and I know that you meant it, and I'm just here to tell you that I forgive you."

With those words I felt like crying, and soon enough my mouth was getting ahead of my brain.

"Look I learned a lot being on my own all of those years." It was my turn to talk now

"I learned that I love myself, flaws and all." He was listening, and I was grateful.

"I do not need someone to complete me, because I am perfectly capable of being by myself." This sounded like I was going in a completely different angle, but Louis still gave me his undivided attention.

"But just because I don't need someone, doesn't mean that I don't want someone by my side." He looked emotionless, and I was crumbling.

"I'm extremely fragile, I can't make up my mind, I push away harder than I pull close, but when I love someone I love them with every ounce of my being." I said solemnly. He smirked, the arrogant jerk.

"So, basically, the point of that pitiful self proclamation is to say that I love you too." I finally said the words, and he rolled his eyes.

"Well?" I questioned and he chuckled. "You know, on paper, you and I are a train wreck waiting to happen."

He teased and I nodded in agreement. "Yet, here I am, here you are, still bothering the hell out of each other, and I kind of miss you every time we have to say goodbye."

I blushed furiously. "Just because you say cute things like that doesn't mean I'm going to miraculously love that crap again.

He reached his arm out and softly stroked my forearm before he slowly intertwined our fingers, only causing my cheeks to flush deeper.

"Just because you say you don't like the little things I do, doesn't mean I'm going to stop doing them, have you met me?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I have, you're the most persistent, stubborn and annoying person I know." I grumbled and he laughed. "So are you Olivia so are you, but you know what?" 

"What?" I asked as he pulled me close, his eyes still holding that childlike excitement. 

"I wouldn't have it any other way." 

The End.

A/N: This is the last chapter guys! (There will be an Epilogue don't worry) Just wanted to thank everyone for reading and voting and commenting! Loved this experience, and if I get another spark of inspiration I may write another story. There's no telling.