Chapter 26: Grandmother Moon

Start from the beginning

All of them began to talk at once before Raja could take in his fill. He wished them byes before exiting the tent, thinking back to what they had told him. One who looked around thirteen had explained that all the soldiers in the castle wore those as a symbol of the royal guard as well as a token to give them courage in times of need.  This really did a toll on Raja as he began to realize just how important he was. To all of these soldiers and common folk, he was the one to look to for confidence in not only their self but in the world. 

It was hard to swallow. 

"You look like you're having fun." Lily chuckled, suddenly popping out of nowhere, "So, did it happen?"

"What?"

"Oh, you know what I'm talking about, little brother," Lily smirked and waved her arm through his. There was only a small frame of time to get her little brother to fess up before he flocks to Noble again. The red that stained his copper cheeks answered her question in no time.

"If you must be picky to hear, Lily," Raja sighed as he thought back to their time together, redder stained his cheeks, "It happened, but do not get your hopes up. I will not give you an ounce of information. Now, I must find Noble and there find a healer."

Raja left his older sister in the middle of the dirt path with her mouth wide and body still. Maybe, he shouldn't have added that last part, but a healer did sound well in his favor. He had to find Noble because he sensed something had happened. Whether it was some emotional distress or physical change because of their bonding ritual.

*

"So, where would father be, Papa?" Lina asked through no tears or emotions. She steadily followed her father down the path back to the camp where she would lead him into her tent.

"He's resting," Noble smiled. His face was still red from his tears, but now he wore no sign of any tears only to be left with color. Much to the tamer's relief, his upcoming tent in front of him hadn't be disturbed with the guards standing like he ordered them too. 

"I do hope he is awake in the next hour. I've been waiting years for him, and for you, of course," Lina giggled. Her tough face she showed to every soldier had melted into a fit of smiles from seeing her beloved Papa for the first time in thirty-nine years, "I want to celebrate for the night as we see to your return once more."

"That's quite sweet of you, Lina," Noble was honestly enticed at how sweet his daughter had stayed these years. She still wore a smile while she still was able to pull off her dimples. 

"But in all truth," Lina breathed, "It really makes me happy to see you again . . . After I heard the incident in the mountains, I gathered forces and allies quickly . . . in hopes that it would be you. Valider did not specify who it was, but he was 'important to the crown'. I had my hopes up high . . . as I've already said, haha!"

Noble sucked in his own breath at her words before he closed his eyes. He snatched her hand into his and pulled her into a hug, ultimately fulfilling the urge to kiss her forehead. It felt . . . right, "I don't plan on leaving and neither does Raja."

That's when Lina burst into laughter while she pulled her father into her tent, leaving Noble confused, "Raja? What a fitting name for Father."

"Why? What does it mean?"

"It means 'King' in the old text," Lina pulled out a chair for Noble. The tamer sat down while Lina pulled a chair of her own. The inside of the tent was similar to his own, but it was connected to the tent full of tacticians and maps, assumed to be the planning hall. She snapped Noble out of his daze, "So, tell me. How has this life treated you?"