23.

Trinitee Allen

Drake's Contralla song filled my ears as I did my morning run around the neighborhood. Odell lived in a gated community so it was save for me to do whatever.

This neighborhood was full of white people so I felt a little safe. Well then again I wouldn't because they'll call the police on me for breathing.

Because this is AmeriKKKa. Where people of color are treated like shit.

I looked around and jogged as some people came outside just to feel the weather or got ready for work. It was a pretty day to do something fun in Miami.

The music suddenly turned off as my phone begin ringing. I looked at the caller I.D. and sat there debating if I should answer or not.

"Hello?" I answered placing the phone to my ear as I walked up the steps to our house.

"Ew why do you sound like that? Please don't tell me you and Odell are having sex." Krystel ignorant ass spoke.

I cringed at the word sex because I hated how it sound. I'll rather fucking over sex.

"No, I just got finished from jogging. But wassup boo?" I walked inside the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle.

"I was wondering did you want to come eat lunch with me and my step daughter." I could see the grin plastered on her face.

"Step daughter? You have his baby with you?" I asked surprised squirting the water in my mouth and on my face.

"Yep. I just wanted to spend time with her as a step mother. I bought her a few clothes since her mother has her in this hand me down shit." I shook my head listening to her petty ass.

She don't understand the struggle.

"Krystel you're wrong. What if that girl doesn't want you around her daughter and you're taking her everywhere."

"Girl please. If anything I'm helping her broke ass, she should be thanking me. Nolen is her parent also and he allowed me." She replied and I wiped my face off with a towel.

"Girl, whatever. Anyways, where do you wanna meet at?"

"Uh, there's a diner that Nolen said Serenity loves and I wanna take her there." I nodded looking around for my keys that were on the door.

"I'll be there in ten." We both agreed and hung up.

I didn't have enough time to take a shower so I took a hoe bath and left out. Odell was no where to be found because he told me he was looking for another building he could open up a club at.

A few minutes later I pulled up at the Diner and got out.

"Hey boo. Is this little Serenity I was hearing so much about?" I smiled once I saw Krystel and cute little girl sitting next to her.

 Is this little Serenity I was hearing so much about?" I smiled once I saw Krystel and cute little girl sitting next to her