Don't call me Kitkat

~Karkat's POV~

Your name is KARKAT VANTAS. You are 16 HUMAN YEARS OLD NOW, and you spend most of your time with your close friend, DAVE STRIDER. He ANNOYS THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOU, but really, who doesn't?

You're actually going to Dave's house after school to play video games with him, but you know for a fact he's going to beat you. That's just how it goes. Then you sleep over, on Fridays. And today.. Just happens to be Friday. You haven't been on Earth very long at this point, so you sort of just use your phone to tell the date, and the week day, and pretty much everything else about Earth.

After what seemed like days of waiting in classes, you were finally released to go home. As usual, you met Dave outside the front of the school. You had your bag slung over your shoulder; again, no different than normal. He approached you, and you put a hand to your bag, and you walked to his car, as he got in first. You sat your bag in the backseat, as did he. He started up the car and started to drive.

He always wore sunglasses, but no one really knew why. You had wondered yourself many times, and he just said you would hate him. You don't think that's true, but you respected his privacy. Soon though, you'll get those glasses off. You've gotten too curious for your own good at this point.

You soon arrived at Dave's house, and you both got your bags from the backseat, walking in. Dave's bro wasn't there, but he left a note saying he would be back soon, and to have fun. Then he put a little winky face at the end. He had done it for a few weeks now. You wondered why the fuck he did that, but Dave didn't know either. He always looked away when you asked though, and shook his head. You felt like he might be hiding something, but you didn't really care that much about what it was. It probably wasn't important.

You sat down on the couch and sighed, Dave sitting beside you. He looked over at you, looking somewhat bored.

"Do you wanna maybe watch a movie?" He asked, his shades pretty much hiding his expression completely.

"Sure, if you're up for a romcom." You looked up at Dave, being the shorter one, and he sighed.

"Those cheesy things? Seriously? Fine.." He rolled his eyes, and got on Netflix to choose a movie. You suggested one and he picked it, as he leaned back on the couch. You did as well, and his hand almost touched your arm. You didn't particularly care.

After about an hour and a half, the movie was over, and you had tear stains on your cheeks, wiping your tears away with your sleeve. You looked over to see how Dave was doing, and he wasn't affected at all. In fact he was... Sleeping? That fucking jerk. He fell asleep during the movie! You just sighed, shivering a little because of how cold it was. You could have nuzzled up to him, but that's a thing that people in redrom do, and you don't want to make it seem like you have red feelings for him. So, you poked his shoulder. Nothing.

"Dave." You shook him now. Nothing.

"Dave fucking Strider I swear to Gog if you don't wake up right now." You shook his harder, and he woke up. He didn't take his shades off, unfortunately. So you couldn't see his eyes when he opened them.

"Hey, Kitkat. Did I fall asleep? Sorry." You growled. The entire fucking sentence pissed you off.

"First, don't call me that. And second, yes, you did fall asleep. In the middle of the movie. And if you didn't know already, that's pretty Gog damn rude." He sighed and shook his head.

"I said I'm sorry. And as for calling you that, I'm not gonna stop." He laughed, messing up your hair. He touched your horn, and you blushed a bit at this.

"Strider, you better fucking stop. Or you will not have a good day tomorrow." You growled, looking up at him. He just laughed.

"Not. Gonna. Happen... Kitkat."

"How about we make a deal of some kind? Or a bet? And if I win, you stop calling me that." He nodded, smirking.

"And if I win... You sleep in my bed. With me. I swear nothing will happen though." You growled and nodded.

"Alright. What are we gonna bet on?"

"Video games?" He suggested.

"Fine, but only if it's Mario Kart. That's the only one I even have a chance at.." You said, your arms crossed.

"Then it's a deal." He nodded, putting Mario Kart in the Wii. You both took a controller, and sure enough, he won.

"Gog dammit.." Dave laughed, smiling. Wow. The idiot could smile.

"Now you gotta sleep in my bed tonight, Kitkat." You growled at the name, and went into his room, still grumbling. He followed behind, smiling still.

"You have some pajamas you left here last time, so you can put those on. Or you can wear nothing, if that suits you~" You growled and turned to him, an angry look on your face.

"I'll go with the pajamas, thanks." You said sarcastically, getting them out of the drawer, since that's where he put them when they were left. You stripped out of your clothes and into the pajamas, then looked back at Dave. You saw him staring for a second, but then he looked away when he noticed you were looking.

"What are you staring at, Strider?" Dave didn't say a word, but went to the bathroom to change into his pajamas. You guess he was kind of shy..? Nah. Not him, the king of irony. Couldn't be.

He came back in a minute or two later, and got in the bed. You got in after him, rolling your eyes. He put an arm around you, and you blushed a little, your back to his chest. He was surprisingly warm. You noticed he took his shades off, but his eyes were closed. Plus you were rather tired, so you would just wake up early to see his eyes. And before you knew it, you were asleep, dreaming pleasantly, a very light snore escaping your mouth.