Chapter 41: Chances

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Yeah, it's true."

I could tell from their faces that they wanted to ask more but there was a stranger with us – and Gina. I wasn't gonna say shit in front of Alfie's one-time-thing.

Connie obviously read my mind because she rolled her eyes and faced the bang bunny that was currently clinging to my jackass best friend.

She sighed and told her, "Can you suck his face later? People are trying to eat here."

The girl smirked. "Jealous?"

"Of what?" Connie's head cocked to the side. "You saggy tits or loose vagina?"

Red Lips scoffed. "You're one to talk."

"Heather, no," warned Gina in a low voice.

Gina's cool. Even though she could be such an annoying bitch sometimes, she was a smart bitch. But Red Lips didn't listen. Goes to show she didn't have a lot to offer in the brain department.

"Hanging out with lots of guys," Red Lips continued, as if she wasn't interrupted. "You're not fooling anyone."

"Shut up, Heather," said Gina, through gritted teeth.

Red Lips was really asking for it, though.

"You're just a slut as the rest of us."

Gina shook her head and faced Kurt, who only grinned and waited for the show. I took my soda off the table, taking it away from the danger zone just in case.

As calmly as she could, Connie said, "Get the fuck out of my face right now, or else."

"Or else what, pull my hair out? We're not in middle school –"

My childhood friend reached an arm across the table and grabbed Heather's shirt until she was practically on our end. Half of her body was on the table while her hands held on to the edge, her eyes looked like they were about to pop out from their sockets.

Connie, on the other hand, kept her face stoic.

"Careful, skank. I can do a lot worse. In case you haven't heard, I mastered the art of bitchery. I won't tolerate any of your shit. So get lost before I claw your eyes out."

A little smile reached my lips. Classic Connie.

"Without that pretty face," she began softly, "what would be left of you?" She released her hold on Heather's shirt and shoved her away.

"Alfie," called Red Lips, clutching her heaving chest.

"Well, I mean . . ." Alfie shrugged. "She did tell you to get out of her face."

She scoffed. "Asshole!"

With that, she shot to her feet and left the table. Gina sighed and shook her head, but still followed after her friend.

"What d'you do?"

I returned my eyes to the rest of the group and saw Connie staring me down, making me rub my eyes and sigh in exasperation.

"I asked Clyde to use his connections and let it slip with the inmates that the fucker was a molester. You know what happens when criminals like that go to jail." I shrugged as I placed my soda back on the table. "They get a taste of their own medicine. And he did – multiple times."

Frisco and Connie's mouths dropped open in shock. Alfie blinked. While Kurt's eyes widened as he muttered, "Holy shit."

It made news, too.

Just when I knew which jail he was sent to, he was transferred because of the incident.

It didn't matter, though. A fitting retribution had been done.