Chapter 17 |Part 1|: She's So High

Fucking prick.

"Give it back," I demanded for the nth time.

Alfie shook his head and put a hand on his chest, before saying, "It's my duty as your best friend not to let you make an ass of yourself."

"He's done that already," I heard Connie mutter from the beanbag.

"Ain't that the truth," sniggered Kurt, taking a sip from his can of soda.

"Shut up," I told them both, glancing their way. I raised an eyebrow at Kurt. "I'm not the one who stole my uncle's cop car and tried to get laid in it, only to get busted and have my ass handed to me in front of the girl I'm trying to bang."

He groaned, leaning his head back. "I almost went to jail for that."

"I'm surprised you didn't," said Connie, with a wicked laugh. "I thought for sure your uncle would at least let you stay in a cell for the night."

"Nah." Kurt smiled smugly. "He'd get in trouble, too."

I shook my head in the slightest motion. One decent man in his life, and he took him for granted. Sure, his devil-may-care attitude was fun. But it wasn't for everyone.

I sighed and reached out a hand to my best friend.

"Give back the fucking phone, Alfie."

Instead of doing what I asked, he made himself comfortable, leaned his back on the couch, and looked at me in a mocking way.

"Come and get it, Ozzie."

I snorted. "What, you're Selena Gomez now?"

Frisco started humming the song, causing me to shoot him a what-the-fuck look. He cleared his throat and shrugged sheepishly at me.

"Oh, I know!" exclaimed Alfie, laughing and clapping like a damn dolphin. I turned back to him. "Why don't you do that thing you did to Buckley and feel me up, too?"

That's it. I attacked the little shit.

"Oh, Oz! Stop!" he screamed in a high pitched voice, flapping his arms as I searched for my phone. "Don't touch me there! You're so bad!"

The others laughed while watching us. I ignored them. Finally, I snatched the phone from his back pocket. I quickly jumped away from him with a triumphant grin on my face.

"Asshole," I sneered.

Alfie batted his eyelashes. "Call me."

I flipped him the bird, while my other hand worked on my phone.

"I'm telling you, man," he said, back in his natural state. He opened a bag of chips and laid it out on the low table in front of him. "You ain't supposed to text nor call the girl until after three days."

I looked up from my phone and gave him an incredulous look.

"Whoever invented that shit is a fucktard."

"It works," he shrugged.

Kurt nodded. "It's true."

Connie made a disgusted sound, and said, "Boys are stupid."

I took a breath and shook my head. Whatever. I didn't really give a damn.

I turned my back on them and walked to the bar stool, focused on my phone. I faintly heard them watching South Park (our favorite show). Suddenly, I had the urge to join them. But I wanted an adorkable fix right now. So I continued my search through my contacts until I found the one I was looking for.